Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

App not controlling output

mattskii

Hi all.

I've got the FX100 working. I've done a factory reset and calibrated the board. Guitar input okay. Headphones out okay. I can hear the presets. Knobs and vol/wah okay.

Installed the app to tablet. Signed in and have the app running. The internet connection is good. I can search for tones.

Blue tooth is activated. Turned on the blue tooth at the pedal board. It is paired to the app. I can see that it's connect in the tablet's setting and the blue light on the blue tooth symbol on the board in on (not flashing, either). 

However, the only control I have is on the board itself. There is no control via the app.

How do I get this thing going? Is there anything I've not done or have done wrong?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Matthew.

Try reinstalling the app,forgetting the connection, and pairing again.

Also, if you are using an Android device, it may be that your FX100 has older firmware.
They didn't add Android compatibility until FW 2.0, currently the FW is 2.1.

There is a USB Utility you can use to flash via a PC or you can use an iOS7 or 8 device.

Hi Trirche.

Thanks for the input.

Did some research last night and had another go at getting things going.

It was the latter point that was missing from the equation.

After installing the firmware version 2.10.00 update and repeating the bluetooth pairing, the app began controlling the output.

However, I wish this was in the instructions/manual - that is, words to the effect:

"This is not plug and play. Install the latest firm where up before attempting to use the equipment".

I now realise now that I missed the relevant information about the firmware on the AMPLIFi Remote app page. Maybe they should make it a little more conspicuous. I don't know about anyone else, but prerequisite software isn't common for the installation of apps.

Anyway, thanks for that.

Cheers,

Matthew.