Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Howto Copy A Certain Sound

Acker

Hi!

Thx for your reply. I actually don't want to copy a sound of a certain player. I have an recording here done with an amplifier (6505) and no I want to get the pod hd sound as close as possible to this.

Your best bet is to at least start with the guitarist's rig. The above-mentioned websites are a great help. Google and forums can also be a great help. A guitarist's sound may differ from song to song, but at least you'll have a starting point - type of guitar, amp(s), effects used, etc. Then it's just a matter of playing around and experimenting. This can take some time, but it's kinda like a puzzle game - for me, anyway. I like the challenge, so it becomes fun - like solving a mystery. Try to get as close as you can and then save. Go back to it from time to time when you gather more info and play around some more. Experiment. Make multiple saves. Try dual amp setups. Mess around with the signal chain (this has been a GREAT problem solver for me!). This is also a great way to learn more about your own equipment and it's capabilities. You may get close, but you'll never be exact. Too many factors, some of which may be beyond your control, contribute to an artist's sound and/or tone.

you have a recording of an amp. is that recording of the amp by itself? did you record it? unless that recording was done with the true tone of the amp in mind, your only going to emulate the recording of the amp and not the true tone, plus the medium you listen through will color the tone. you may be chasing a tone that the pod is not capable of obtaining. the way to get close is to have that amp next to you. 

Hi again!

Well I will try to match it as close as possible with my ears. Yesterday I did some experiments with the Ozone Match EQ. It is disgusting: you can make it sound exactly the same. So I just need to get close and do the rest with a plugin.