Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Possible Bugs with the Table Top (Saving Presets)

adagosto

Here are two possible (and likely) bugs identified with the Table Top and App.

For clarification, I am using an Android Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Note tablet and the Amplifi TT.  Your system may not experience the following:

1) Per the instructions in the manual on how to save presets using the TT front panel, the process does not work.  There is no work-around for this (using the front panel).

2) Saving presets using the App will work however, CAUTION: DO NOT SAVE OVER OR MOVE BANK 1 PRESET "A".  If you save over or move the "Fidelity" tone from the original location of Bank 1 preset A, the Table Top will NOT sync to the App next time you turn it on.

The process to correct this is as follows:

1. Uninstall the app

2. Reset the Table Top (no need to update the Firmware).  Just do a reset.

3. Reinstall the App

4. Reconnect in Bluetooth Settings

This bug may NOT be present on other Tablets or phones.  I have not tried it on my iPad or my Samsung phone.

Work-around:

You may save new tones and move them around, just do not move the original Bank 1 preset A, and you'll be good.  I moved my most used tones into Bank 1: B, C and D and just skip over "A" for now.

Have fun!!

• 3 months later...

This is no help but at least the community will know they are not alone in this problem.

I am experiencing the same problem saving presets.

I select a tone or dial one in, and hold the tone button to save. The "A" LED never starts to blink as indicated in the manual, so selecting a slot to save into is not possible (on the device itself). I have submitted a ticket for this problem but suggest everyone with this to do so too in order to get the ball rolling faster.

• 2 months later...

Copy that!

I have exactly the same problem and frankly this is a fundamental bug as far as I'm concerned. Being able to simply and efficiently manage the sounds in your 4 presets is essential!  So far I've found it impossible to transfer anything from "My Tones" into any of the presets! If I could maybe I can then use the gui to promote those presets into Bank 1  ABCD etc but I can't find how to do it and if I could it would still a ridiculously convoluted workflow to achieve something so fundamental.

I think there should be a very simple option for each tone in "My tones" to assign it to Bank 1 ABC or D.

Please release afix for this asap...its really spoling my enjoyment of using teh TT.

• Upvote 1

Update

Ok so I tried using my iphone to manage presets and the save to hardware is now working. Stiil would like to be able to save from the front panell of the TT and definitely do not like not being able to replace the tone in Bank 1 A

• 1 year later...

Interesting.

You might want to submit a ticket, but at least you have a nice workaround.

I have exactly the same problem with hardware saving as "Just Startin". When presets in TT are rewritten by my own ones, next turning on the device will make all four presets blink and no connection BT is possible. Only the reset helps to get things in their original state. It's March 2017 and still the same problem as in 2015? Strange...

Ludek