Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I play in open tuning alot and regular so the JTV guitar was the perfect answer so I thought... one guitar that can help do it all. In open tuning the high E,B,G have weird harmonies on them. not a singular note like it should be. I have re-flashed it 3 times and reset it. I use it with a HD500 so I bypassed the HD500 and played straight and same thing the bottom 3 strings are playing a weird off harmony instead of the single tuned note. any advice guys???

HELP!!! I have a show tonight and need to have this working... No new updates and I hope someone has a answer... Thanks

You may simply be hearing the vibration/pitch of the natural string resonance. Try recording a sample of the sound, or wear closed-back headphones through the HD500 while playing. Both of those techniques shopuld allow you to hear only the output of the JTV - the natural string vibration will not be recorded, and will be inhibited by the headphones.

If you still hear the dissonance in a playback of the recording, then there is a problem to investigate. If you don't hear it in the recording then you can be sure your audience won't hear it either.

• Upvote 1

This is almost certainly the common issue that I had and others on here.  As Uberguru says - listening back to a recording is the only conclusive test.  Sometimes the guitar is so resonant that the acoustic sound even breaks through into headphones!