Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Alto TS112A for POD HD 500X?

ChaserHUN

Hey!

I wanna buy an Alto TS112A, seems lot of people use it for the POD and even the Axe FX, I had enough carring a 35kg cab and 12kg head aound X(. I would be for band practice and maybe venues that doesn't have good monitoring, else I wanna go direct to the PA system.

Is it reliable, how does it sound? It has mostly good review, but there are alway a few guys who say it's lollipop unrelieable.

I have the TS110A and I love it. It's not very heavy at all, it sounds great, and it seems to be sturdy and well built.

I've had it for almost a month and a half now and I think it sounds even better now than when I first bought it.

Here's a post from when I first bought it:

http://line6.com/support/topic/11327-alto-ts110a-with-hd500x/?hl=ts110a

I have a ts112a with my HD500.  It sounds great and isn't too big/heavy.  One thing to mention...YMMV, I wasn't getting enough volume with one 1/4" cable going to the alto...so I did 2, one from left and one from the right on the HD500 into the alto...now it's loud...and sounds good :)

One other thing I like about it is that, even though it obviously doesn't have stereo capabilities due to being a single speaker, it does have two XLR inputs so that you can get both channels of the POD connected to it through XLR. You can always use the mono summed 1/4", but I like being able to use both of the XLR outs to the TS.

I got it today. It sounds pretty f-in good :) The tones I made in my cheap headphones sound pretty awesome, only I had to dial back a bit of bass, because it's pumpin it out really hard :D IT sound really clean, and it is really really loud, and I only had it up to quarter, it's going to be enough for a band practice that's for sure! I think the POD shine this way much better than thourgh a head and cab. Can't wait to try it out in practice session. I think the tones I dial in on the Alto are going to sound awesome through a PA System if we play a concert

I don't mean to hijack your post dude but I was just about to post a question regarding the HD500 and the Alto TS112a's and since you and several others here in this thread have them, maybe you can help me out!

I run a Mesa 50cal+ into a rectifier cab for my distorted/heavier tone and have the HD500 just laying around. I want to start experimenting with wide stereo reverbs and delays in a strictly clean tone with 1 amp/speaker far left of the room, the other far right and the Mesa in center. If I snag me a couple of these Alto ts112a's, run each to 1/4" left and right outs this should give me true stereo correct? 

I have the Radial JX2 ABY pedal and want to be able to connect the Mesa setup into channel A, the HD500-Alto ts112a setup into channel B and be able to switch back and forth between the heavier tones of the Mesa and the strictly clean modeled tones of the HD500/Alto (or both at same time with the Y channel of the ABY). Sounds more complicated than it probably is to me..Just want to confirm that this can be done before I purchase a couple Alto Ts112a's!

I'm not familiar with the Radial pedal, but if you run your left 1/4" out from the POD to one speaker and put it far left in the room, and the right 1/4" out to the other speaker and put it far right in the room, yes, this will give you stereo.

I can't comment on the interaction/connectivity of the Radial and Mesa in the setup, though.