Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi 150 all four tone lights are lit up, not working, and making clicking sounds

guitarslinger16

I used my amp yesterday morning and it was working fine. I then went to band practice and hooked everything up like normal and the amp was not functioning, just making clicking sounds. All four tone lights are lit up along with the Bluetooth. I use a FBV short board along with it. I tried to reset it by pushing the volume and tone buttons while starting up, and tried to update it via computer (which my PC was not recognizing it ) with no luck. Does anyone have any other solutions? It should be still under warranty since I purchased it on march 10th of 2014. Thanks for any input!

I had a used Mk1 express that I thought was making a low hum when connected to the Amplifi. Took it back to Guitar Center and got a newer (but still returned) MkII. Same issue. But what was odd using them on GC's demo Amplifi 75 it didn't hum, but made clicking noises. Tried different CAT5 cables, and no change. The 75 was dead quiet when the pedal was disconnected.

Then I ordered a NIB (new in box) Amplifi 150 and new MKII Express. So far no more weird noise issues.

But I may have another issue. If I have Wah enabled on, say preset B and switch to another letter, the pedal loses the wah control and also the volume. Then if I switch back to the original letter, the pedal is still not working. All the while, the Wah LED is still lit.

I expect the the wah to still be on when I go back to the original letter preset. Or this actually how it is supposed to work? (note: I can re-enable the pedal by pressing all the way forward [hard] till it clicks. That resets it to volume. Then I can set it back to Wah.)

I haven't updated the software on the pedal yet.

Anyone?

For more info on updating via PC vs Apple see this /http://line6.com/support/topic/10129-amplifi-windows-interface-failure/

• 1 year later...

I submitted a trouble ticket for this problem and this is the response I got.

"Hello,

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Can you please try to re-boot your amp in update mode. Be sure to press and hold the TONE and TAP buttons while you power on your amp. You'll hold those buttons for about 5 seconds when you power up.

Then, you'll want to perform the update using a MAC or PC computer.

http://line6.com/sup...0tt-with-w-r701

Once you re-install the firmware, you should be able to boot up your amp as normal.

Be sure to follow these instructions, and let me know what results you get."

I tried this and no change.   still 4 solid tone lights and a dim Bluetooth light.  also I tried the factory reset thatg is in the manual that came with my amp "it says to hold volume knob down and the tone at same time when powering up still nothing.    pc will not recognize it when plugged in usb still as well.   very discouraging as I believe my warranty has just ended.   this amp has been treated great it basically was placed in my living room and used occasionally always updated.  and now it is sitting here like a very expensive brick,  I will update on the next respose I get on my ticket.