Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Any Suggestions For Programming Hd500 For Use With Marcodi Harpejji K24?

glider9

The Harpejji K24, a unique, tapping-type, electric stringed instrument, has two line-level outputs, one of which is in the "guitar" range, and the other of which is in the "bass" range. Given the HD500's potential for two separate inputs (eg: "guitar" and "aux" would be the likely two), with two separately programmable FX tracks that can then be mixed (A and B ), it seems to be a useful product to use with the K24 in feeding a single amplifier (or recording device) utilizing separate electric guitar and electric bass effects. Can anyone confirm my assumptions above, and offer any suggestions as to appropriate settings for me, a total newbie to both HD500 and Harpejji? Thanks!

Please allow me to amplify upon my question: here's what I am hoping to do, and have been led to believe that the HD500 can do: I want the treble side of the Harpejji (16 strings) to feed the Guitar input, which I will assign to "Input 1." I want the bass side of the Harpejji (8 additional strings, out of a total of 24) to feed the AUX input, which I will assign to "Input 2." I want to be able to **independently** apply effects to the guitar and bass inputs (eg: separate effects for Input 1 and Input 2, presumably paths A and B ), then mix them such that I will be able to send the output of the HD500 representing the entire output of all 24 strings of the Harpejji (but with separate effects applied for bass and treble string output) to a single amp unit, computer, or external recording device. Any suggestions as to how to properly accomplish this would be most appreciated!!

Some background on the Harpejji K24 to facilitate responding to my query: descended from the Starrboard, with hints of the Chapman Stick, the Harpejji was designed by Tim Meeks and is currently being manufactured by three friends (Tim, Jason, and John) comprising Marcodi Musical Products in Baltimore (www.marcodi.com). The K24 is an electric instrument with two separate outputs, with the lower 8 strings separately and discretely driving a "bass" output (eg: electric bass guitar-like), and the upper 16 strings separately and discretely driving a "treble" output (eg: electric guitar-like). In some respects, using two separate effects boxes would be more simple, though with more cabling and need for mixing capability. But, I had thought that the HD500 was capable of essentially doing the same thing in one box, with less cabling mess. I'm hoping that this is a correct assumption, otherwise I may need to see about selling my HD500!

Thanks again for your thoughts/interest/assistance!

• 5 months later...

I have a K24 & POD HD500 also.... LOVE them both!!  I run the high staright into the POD and the low into my mixer, where I have some affects/control there, then back into the POD via aux. POD to DT50 via XLR.

See if this helps:

http://line6.com/support/topic/356-2-stereo-paths-1-for-mag-1-for-piezo/