Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Microphone not working UX2, is it the device??

Tashy78

Hi, could someone help me out here? not sure what to do?? is it my computer or a faulty device

I recently bought UX2 POD Studio to record vocals and guitar, the microphone is dead to this device, no sound, dials dont move, i have been through the set up and preferences so many times im over it

im using a shure beta 87a dynamic microphone, i have tested it on my PA Amp it works fine, i have used two different cables, nothing. my guitar is coming through no problem

i have tried the microphone alone through Tone A, i have tried both mic ports, i have tried with and without phantom power i have turned the knobs all up full

i have gone through the setup and read support forums so many times, i have gone through it time and time again, i cannot see how this device will pick up my microphone, frustrating, all i wanna do is record my songs and get to it

here are my screen shots of my preferences

what are your thoughts?  thanks in advance

post-2167480-0-02255400-1424251113_thumb.jpg

post-2167480-0-98260800-1424251145_thumb.jpg

post-2167480-0-05043400-1424251173_thumb.jpg

post-2167480-0-02192800-1424251562_thumb.jpg

post-2167480-0-25754400-1424251579_thumb.jpg

post-2167480-0-13235300-1424251593_thumb.jpg

post-2167480-0-63870100-1424251607_thumb.jpg

post-2167480-0-76496600-1424251629_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

i thought you could use UX2 solely with POD FARM 2 to have sound input come out, to be creative, to play with the sounds,  to have some fun

i havent even got reason limited which came with the product sorted out yet, i havent even got sound in order to figure out what and how i wanna record anything

i dont even know what the enable 4 - line 6 UX2 is even for, it just exists

when you open POD farm it overrides any settings from the Line6 Audio Midi control panel, yes, its very convenient going back and forth all the time trying to figure out whats going on

the microphone doesnt work through the UX2 device through POD farm

i have my UX2 device i have my inputs, mic, guitar jack, headphones, my POD Farm open, my guitar works, the microphone doesnt work

yep, into the microphone input!!

That may be your issue!! LOL!!

Just trying to help, hard to gauge the technical level of users thru posts or know how they have things connected.

Sometimes it's just something simple overlooked.

Many new users new to digital recording mistakenly hook up their monitors or headphones to the computer instead of their USB Audio Interface.

• 1 year later...

Just startin sounds like my issue exactly except I plugged my headphones into the headphones jack and still don't have any sound.  I am trying to use two different mics, a AmicV- 2R dynamic and the other an AKG D8000M (also dynamic I believe).  I can get guitar input in Ableton lite live 8 but nothing from either mic or mic input.  I don't recognize the Sound windows shown above and haven't looked at anything like 4 line UX2 line 6.  Not sure what that is.

very frustrating.

• 3 months later...

yes i have the same prob, ive been everywhere all over the internet too, and have not found anywhere where it shows HOW TO SELECT MIC AS SOUND INPUT, the guitars come through well automatically without even selecting anything, but the microphones DO NOT. and i also want to mention that every person that has tried to reply in any forum, has no clue what the problem is, and is only stating the obvious, and the replies are in no way related to the issue, very frustrating....

. the issue is - THERE IS NO WHERE TO SELECT THAT I AM NOW USING MIC AS THE INSTRUMENT, i wish they would bring GEARBOX back, this is a headache and a waste of 1 week of my time so far. time is valuable, but my toneport stopped working after all these year

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I got pod farm to pick up my mic signal, but i want to record vocals on logic pro x. However, logic is not picking up my signal. I'm not interested in using pod farm every time i want to record vocals. PLEASE tell me how to fix it because i've been trying to figure it out on my own and i'm not making any progress

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am having same problem.

Electric quitar input working fine but not the mic

Tried everything.

Very frustrating.

Adjusted amp settings as per youtube videos...

What mic are you using? Does it require phantom power?

What interface are you using?

Do you use podfarm as a plug in in a DAW or stand alone mode?

• 3 weeks later...

phantom is already turned on. Gain knob all sets.

also, mixer setups is correct according to few pictures shown here.

and on Line6 Audio-MIDI Inputs & Recording sets to mic 1 (where i plugged in my mic, right? sorry, this is my first time working with Line 6 UX2).
And as for Hardware Meter Show, which one that i should choose?

Oh, and i receive error message from Windows (i use Windows XP) when im trying to check my mic on Sound and Audio Devices Properties that says something like this "There is a problem with your sound hardware. To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Add Hardware".

But another failure after im doing exactly like suggested by the error message.

Have you run the Line6 Monkey to make sure you have the proper drivers installed?

You can select Mic from the mixer view in PF or in the Line6 control panel. If you are launching PF standalone, no need to use the control panel. 

What you choose for the meter to monitor does not affect the signal going to your DAW.

Yeah, Line 6 Monkey says that all of my drivers are good.

I also already select mic from PF mixer (i did this too with my dynamic mic, but no luck).

Line 6 control panel located in Windows control panel right?

Im trying almost all the methods described before in here, but still no luck & im confuse whats wrong.

http://line6.com/support/topic/217-usb-audio-troubleshooting/?view=getnewpost

Give the troubleshoot a go, more often than not, something in there sorts it out.

Are you using it inside a DAW as a plug-in? Make sure to select the correct drivers in your DAW if so.

yeah, i've been there too man. still not working.

all setups is correct according all of the topics there.

yes, i use Asio UX2, but still the same results.

is there any possibilities there is something wrong with my mic cable?