Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Lost a patch

powerwindows

Hi

Can anyone help as I seem to of lost one of the original patches on my Pod. In the Bass/Aco/Voc section there was a very nice acoustic patch called 'Choir' at position 05A. Well its gone. I am not one for moving, deleting and adding patches so any ideas where its gone or how I can get it back.

In future, while you are making a list of patches you like it would be wise to also copy the individual patches to your computer. That way you will always be able to reload them in a situation like this.

At this point, you won't easily be able to get it back. I can see at least two possibilities that explain why the patch was there previously and isn't now:

- it may have been part of the factory presets in an earlier firmware release and has now been replaced in the factory presets. In that case you can recover it by identifying the earlier firmware version and reinstalling it. Before doing so, of course, make a copy of the existing setlists in your POD because when reinstalling the older firmware you will want to overwrite the current presets.

- you may have purchased a used POD and the original factory presets may have been overwritten with user presets, one of which was named Choir. In that case you would need to contact the previous owner to see if he/she still has a copy.

Thanks for all your advice. The Pod was brand new and boxed. Its a mystery to me. I have noticed a few small glitches with the pod. The rebooting is annoying. As I said I am not one for moving things around. For example when I start up the 'Edit' without the pod turned on I have nothing loaded. Only picked up a guitar 12 months ago. I am 55 and should have started when I was 10 years old. Lot to learn but love it.

A total reinstall from monkey is always an option too. 

What I suggest doing is: 

1. The minute you plug in the first time (or reinstall), make a copy of your bundle. Make a copy of the setlists. Make copies of any patches that you like. 

2. Keep two copies of each patch (including ones that you make yourself). One will be the original file and one is the file that you do your work with. This prevents any edits or deletions from destroying the original. 

3. Keep a copy of 1 and 2 on a separate system (like a thumb drive or 2nd computer). That way you always have a spare copy in the event that your system is lost, stolen, or crashes. 

• Upvote 1

Redundant backups of all the the patches you create is excellent advice.

Imagine how you'd feel if you spent many hours, weeks, months, tweaking patches and one day find out your pod doesn't like you anymore. Or even worse, a power surge in your computer blows out the usb ports while both your pod and usb backup are connected, taking those two things out as well (this is a highly unlikely situation though, even having the usb ports blown out).