Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amp For My Hd300

Souther

Hey guys! I'm looking for amp for my pod hd300. What do I need? nice sound ONLY FROM MY POD. (Because when I plug in my pod to marshall valvestate 8040 of my friend, I can hear sound from his amp and from my POD and it sounds ugly overall.. I used to have Cube 20XL and I used to plug in my POD to AUX IN input and everything has worked perfectly. My budget is about 500-600PLN so it's $150-160. Amp may be second-hand and must have 40W min. Have you got any good idea?

Hey guys! I'm looking for amp for my pod hd300. What do I need? nice sound ONLY FROM MY POD. (Because when I plug in my pod to marshall valvestate 8040 of my friend, I can hear sound from his amp and from my POD and it sounds ugly overall.. I used to have Cube 20XL and I used to plug in my POD to AUX IN input and everything has worked perfectly. My budget is about 500-600PLN so it's $150-160. Amp may be second-hand and must have 40W min. Have you got any good idea?

Fender Mustang

I'd use the Roland if you still have it and just buy another one used. Well within your budget and you'll have stereo.

That was my plan as I got the earlier model Cube 20X. and via aux in was suitable sounding good in fact. Logic seemed to be to get another one. I didn't worry about if was loud enough as the loudest my gigs get are Clubs n Pubs and you can always mic one of them or go to a desk with the xlr outs.

Anyway luck would have it I picked up for cheap a Tannoy PA speaker and a 250 watt installation Amp for less than your budget. 

So that kinda side railed the two cube idea.Overkill and I am still only mono.

Maybe get two 30 or 40 watt models.

An even cheaper idea is an advantage in getting some unknown or unpopular amps as all you need is the power amp section and so long as it has decent speakers. Having a matching pair is not important but any two Amps with a similar output would give you stereo on the cheap. Any tonal differences between them would be like not using matched mic pairs on a drum kit,   You could realistically get two 40-50watt combo amps within your budget.

Check out a used spider valve 112.  You may be able to find one in your price range.  The first versions go for less than the MKii models.  The tube power amp and V30 speaker are very nice when compared to the cost.

Whatever amp you get, be sure it has an effects loop.  Set your POD HD output mode to 'Live', and plug into the effects loop on the back (the spider valve is labeled 'power-amp in').