Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can Anyone Help Me Get A Tone Close To This? (pod 2.0)

Hello everyone!

I'm just wondering if someone is willing to try help me get close to this sound with the pod 2.0 and create a tone I could download! :)

If the link doesn't work, skip to 2 minutes and 52 seconds. He's the lead guitarist for Parkway Drive, which is my favorite band, and I would love to get close to that! I play on a LTD H-1001 Horizon with emgs 81 & 85's.

Thank you! 

Hi, OP, firstly I'd like to say that the guitarist you're attempting to emulate is using a Diezel, which is a very high-end amp, thus it will be veeerrrryy difficult to emulate.  My best advice is to select a Treadplate amp model.  I don't have a 2.0, I have a POD XT Live, but it has the Treadplate Dual amp model, which models a Mesa Dual Rec.  It's a distortion that is saturated and has a clean sort of a low-end that doesn't muddy up your sound.  If the POD 2.0 has a Treadplate Dual amp model, I would definitely tell you that this may be as close as you can get to the amp in that video.

As far as setting, use set your Bass around 2 o'clock, Mids around 9 o'clock, Treble around 2 or 3 o'clock.  Once you have the EQ you desire, begin elevating the Amp volume and Drive back and forth until you find the right volume and Saturation you like.  Remember that "more Drive" isn't usually the answer.  Be mindful of how it will sound when a full band is playing, as what sounds good playing solo isn't always the same as what sounds good with a full band and your amp cranked to volume. Hope this helps!