Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Cmon already atlast give us the manual.

lefttygtr

Yeah I know the Firehawk is not yet ready to release but seriously if march or the beginning of april are real dates your gonna tell me you don't have the manual ready, BS. I can see small software tweeks being made maybe even waiting for parts to come in for production but to be this close and still hearing they are not finished does not sound like the real story. People like myself who are thinking about the firehawk are willing to wait but I would like to see a more comprehensive look at what it can do, what amps and effects are loaded some real specs. All we keep hearing and seeing is some comparisons to the HD500 but no real info.

• 1 month later...

I downloaded and read over the manual- I have to say that compared to my Boss GT-10 manual, this one is easy to read and right to the point. Looks like all those pages of menu subfolders and settings for my Boss are basically replaced on the Firehawk by the touch screen interface on the Firehawk app. Looks Easy Peasy!  As I read the manual, a few things became clear, for instance when using the tuner function, the led's on the volume knob show how sharp or flat the note displayed on the LCD screen is- looks like the Line 6 people have thought this unit out well, as it looks streamlined and smartly functional- hope mine comes soon.

Have you tried the app yet? I wasn't that excited until I tried the app and realised straight away that it will totally change the way I spend my practice time, changing the effects and amps so easily is only half of it, being able to instantly call up any tone and seamlessly jam along to whatever track I'm playing on my phone will be a gamechanger for me, my band does a mix of original stuff and covers so we're learning a new cover probably once a month and it's going to be so easy to match my tones and discover new ones for my own material at the same time,

Rumours are that there will be an update soon which will add a one switch looper and apparently the cabs sound better than they do on the hd500

I literally haven't been this excited about a guitar pedal since the XT live released

I tried the app (many times), I have already downloaded the patches others have created which match the covers my band currently do.  I don't expect them to be bang on, but no doubt they will be a great starting point and time saver for my switchover process from my GT-10.  One thing I envision right now is that for live gigs, where I plan to have my Firehawk running into the front of house PA system, instantly after a set, I can stream the canned music from my android app to my Firehawk, and into front of house to provide a smoother transition to the band's break between sets.  I am hoping that the reason the release date is being pushed forward is that they are adding some of the new things they released for the HD500X on the Firehawk, but did not want to let the HD500 users know that until the last minute possible.

That's a great idea about using it for music during a break, could even maybe use it for some kind of intro track to build atmosphere.

Well over on the gear page they more or less said there is a one switch looper coming and earlier in the week they said there were a few new features being added so it's quite possible that you've guessed right, I hope so.

When you're messing with the app have you tried assigning the footpedal to control the delay "time" parameter? I noticed you can set the pedal to control all other parameters apart from the time value, I'd like to control the time to get some weird effects

I have not messed with that at all, but it is a good idea for sure, probably is possible if not already an option.  Are you a POD HD user right now?  If so, I would be curious to find out how you think the Firehawk stacks up against an HD series pedalboard

I don't have the hd500 anymore, I wasn't a fan, I found it very hard work, always tweaking and not playing, I loved the XT live though and I honestly got better sounds out of that, at least as far as live gigs go. The XT sounded more powerful somehow and I never had a problem cutting through the mix

At the moment I'm using a zoom g5 which I've managed to get some really great sounds out of, I managed to get rid of the digital harshness that some people complain about but the limited footswitching drives me crazy

So I literally can't wait for the Firehawk because even if I don't like the hd amps I know I should at least be able to get it sounding similar to but better than the xt

As far as the sound of the Firehawk goes, early indications seem good with people who have tested it in depth only having good things to say, apparently it sounds good straight out of the box and good sounds are easy to come by, one user has said that he thinks it actually sounds better than the hd500 because the cab sims work better and you don't have to use up equaliser blocks to dial out fizzy frequencies

as a previous owner of an X3Live (which i loved and found relatively easy to get great sound out of) and a HD500x (which i know has the capability of sounding amazing but I could never wrap my head around all of the crazy workarounds and tweaking), i am HIGHLY anticipating the Firehawk.

I have a JT69 Variax and I know I will miss out on a couple of functionality options but they weren't things i used.  i don't mind using the knobs on the guitar to change the guitar models.

Not bashing the Hd500x - but i firmly believe I would have had a much more productive few years of fiddling if I had just kept my X3Live (which also seemed sturdier than the 500).

The Firehawk FX supports Variax model selection and Tone knob settings (not volume) for all Variax models. For JTVs it also supports alternate tunings. All these settings are stored and recalled on a per preset basis.

good to know!  can't wait to order one of these (can't until next week).