Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

"Slapback" that I can't get rid of

slackernaut

Hey kids. I just recently got a Spider IV 150 combo used at geetar center and it's been really fun so far, but, something has come up. It seems there's an echo that I can't figure out how to get rid of no matter if the delays and reverbs are completely off. Is this "normal" or has my used amp been dropped on its head?!. It's there with every amp model, not real prominent, but enough so that it makes this kind of annoying slapback tick/click sound, especially when doing clean, palm muted picking with some reverb. Anyone ever notice this or hear of this? Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I know exactly what your talking about . I HAD a Spider IV but returned it for a refund due to this issue.

I went through 3 x Spider IV 150w using my ESP KH602 & BC Rich Beast and still had the issue.

It was off putting particularly when on the Insane channel . You would execute a palm muted power chord wanting a staccato rhythm but the amp would "bleed" or "slap back" the muted chord so instead of say striking the chord 3 times the "slap back" would make it sound like you executed the chord 4 or 5 times.

As stated the store I purchased from allowed me to try 3 x Spider IV amps but they all did it .

The 1st amp was sent away for repairs and Line 6 stated nothing was wrong .

In the end I asked for a refund and just kept running with my Spider 2 150w.