Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Which cab to get with DT25 combo or head

thomaswhudson

So i have been trying to decide on the dt25 combo or head with a cab. I think i have decided to go with the combo. Should i just get the 1x12 ext. cab or is there something else people are using that are really happy with? I read something about a 2x12 marshall cab but not sure i want to pay that much for the cab. I was thinking the combo with the 1x12 ext cab, but unsure. 

I would suggest trying things for yourself and see what you like, if you can do it that way.

There is goodness in the DT25 combo with the matching cab. The combo gives you a open-back sound profile, and the cab gives you closed back performance (I think more "thump"). Combined it should be killer. There is another poster here that uses 2 stacks (combos on top of matching 1x12 cabs) and reports "awesomeness".  :)

I purposely went with heads and separate cabs, I use Marshall 1936 2x12 cabs, I just like the tone I get from them with previous brand heads, and now with the DT-50H and DT-25H.

Just try it and see, let your ears be the guide. Factor in transporting, the combo+cab (and even just the combo) could be really easy for that. The DT-25 combo does have some weight, lift one and see for yourself. I think I could be very happy with one.

Added edit:

Oh, I realized you could probably do the DT-25H (amp head) + DT25 1x12 cab (one or 2 cabs).  Now *that* would have its own brand of awesome as well. This would make each piece its lightest weight for transport.

Yeah cant try it because none of the stores here have the dt25 head or combo to even hook up to another cab. Which sucksssss.. so i am kinda in the scenario of order it and hope i have some blind luck or some people have different cabs  they can speak to hooked up to a dt25 head or combo.