Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I need two fxloops

I think at least.
My Idea is to record a clean signal while listening to the processed with the 500x

What I'm thinking is put a FXloop in the beginning of the chain (where the signal is still clean) and in the fxsend-output I connect a sound interface. So the first part is ok, I get a clean signal to the computer and with the mix set to 0 on the 500x I get the processed signal in the speakers.
But, I also need to hear the playback I'm recording too, so I need to get a signal back from the interface to the 500x. I thought that would be easy by just putting an other fxloop in the end of the chain set only to return, but it seems I can only use one fxloop per chain?!?

No one got a hack or suggestion for this? 

if I understand you right you want to record the clean signal and then listen to both the clean and processed signal at the same time right?  If that is the case, you can do that with a dual path patch.  Connect your interface input to the FX loop send and the interface output to the FX loop return.  Put the mixer last in the chain (panned hard left and right) and keep all your amp and effects blocks in the other channel.  Now take both left and right POD outputs to the speakers and you are set.

Sample patch - http://line6.com/customtone/tone/852258/

• Upvote 2

^^^That's the solution!   Most DAWs wil not let you use two audio interfaces at one time anyway, so your plan wouldn't work as you outlined it.  The otherway would be to use your splitter to send one signal to the HD500, then take the audio output of it to your other audio interface, along with the clean signal.

@Radatats, that's pretty much what I did at the beginning and that works excellent, I don't really need anything special if I'm just recording a clean signal.
Though what I was after in this case was to easily take any patch, just add an fxloop an go. I mostly use two amps I need both channels free.

@fflbrgst (you're parents must've hated you giving you that name ;)  ) In this scenario it's only one interface that's connected to the computer, the pod's connected to the interface.

BUT I've solved it :) I used fxsend to the interface (no return) and switched it to line, then from the interface headphone-jack (since it doesn't have one stereo line-out) to the pods cd/mp3 in VOILA! I had totally forgotten about that input :P

Now I can adjust the guitar and the playback signal separately without changing any levels in the daw.

BUT I've solved it :) I used fxsend to the interface (no return) and switched it to line, then from the interface headphone-jack (since it doesn't have one stereo line-out) to the pods cd/mp3 in VOILA! I had totally forgotten about that input :P  Now I can adjust the guitar and the playback signal separately without changing any levels in the daw.

great solution!  well done...

• Upvote 1