Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Disabling Looper Switch

mferrand

Hey All,

Is there are way to disable the looper switch?  I never use this feature of the HD500.  Last niight at practice I stepped on it accidentaly and started recording myself.  I took a while for me to figure out what was going on and how to stop it!

Is there any way to disable the switch either mechanically or through the software?

Cheers, Mike

This has been submitted many times on Line6 IdeaScale - hopefully someday they notice...  Very first gig with the HD, I stepped on it during sound check - no idea what was happening and had to reboot the HD.  Now I know just to hit it again, but I NEVER USE IT!!!

Yeah, the mechanical block is likely the best option.. You could turn the "playback" volume of the looper all the way down, so if you accidentally trigger it, no sound will occur; but you will still be needing to get yourself back out of looper mode!

Throws me off all the time... Would be nice to make it optional looper assigned; but seems hardcoded in some way.

• 2 months later...

Looper engaged for me live in the middle of a classic cover. Not cool. Since Function 1 button is not consistent among POD HD and SV Amp, I accidentally pressed it. We need a way to disable Looper please!

This was driving me crazy. They told me to stop wearing "clown shoes" and switch to something pointier. Here is the solution I came up with. These switch guards were designed for the space shuttle and are easy to find on eBay.

looper.JPG

• Upvote 2