Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

AMPLIFi FX100 update problem

arkadiusz12

Hi, my name is Arek.
Just bought AMPLIFi FX100 and it sounds great, there are a few excellent sounds, but I have a problem with updating it and use with my phone as remote control (LG Optimus) I read all I could find about this topic, but still nothing.
The thing is, when I want to download update my device-phone it tells me "download unsuccessful there was an error"
To be honest I have no clue what to do with that
Andy advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

• Like 1

You likely need to flash the firmware.

They didn't add Android compatibility until v2.0.

The current version is v2.1.

Download the AMPLIFi drivers and Utility.

Instal the drivers then run the Utility, follow the instructions to put the AMPLIFi into Update Mode.

I've seen users report difficulties with the Utility on Win7 64 bit machines, if you encounter problems, try a Win8 machine if one is available.

Another option is an iOS7 or 8 device which you can use to update via Bluetooth (takes 3~0-4 5minutes).

Once you are current you can also flash with Android.

Post back with an update if you can.

Hi, thanks for your response.
I have a Windows 7, 64bit
Just tried what you said. I downloaded drivers and Utility, installed drivers first, then tried to update AMPLIFi.
Everything looked good, but the process was taking 2 hours and was still working so I turned it off.
I tried to install 1.01 before and the same story. I tried to install 2.1 and nothing. Just hours of waiting. I spent hours and still don't know what to do.
I do not have any iOS7 or 8, just my LG Optimus. To be honest I'm not too much into computers, and I'm not sure if I do everything correct.
If there was any message that something is wrong, but it's just says "Update in progress"

Thanks

Thanks for getting back to me.

Just did what you said. Disabled my antivirus, tried a few different USB connections, four lights A B C & D are red as always and the same story, long waiting, no effect at all "Installing firmware update...", and "Update in progress".

Now looks like my M-AUDIO ProFire 2626 is effected and stops working when AMPLIFi is connected. I disabled it too, tried again & nothing. Unfortunately I do not have anyone with Win8 and I'm not sure if I want this Line 6 anymore.

I'm tired and frustrated.
It sounds great, but if there's no other way to make it work or to control this devices without Remote (phone-iPad) I think I'll be returning it back. It costs me too much time and energy to figure it out, I thought it would be easy.

Anyway, thanks for you help.

Another thing to try, sorry for not mentioning it before, is to make sure the FX100 is NOT enabled as an audio device in Windows before attempting the update. If it is, disable it.

I know it's a PITA, but you could call Line6 or submit a support  ticket. I know it doesn't help you now.

Also, if you purchased it locally, maybe  they can help you get the current firmware.

• 8 months later...

hee guys

i just bought, an amplifi FX 100 and Amplifi 150.

I did instal that amplifi utility for update my  amplifi devices and i did folow the instructions when up-date the firmware into my device.

when its complete, te instructions say, that i can se it now with my amplifi remote, i did download the amplifi remote on my acer android mobile.

but when i want to open that app, also the bluetooth is on. the mobile finds my amplifi devices, he than say. we see that the device is conected but he needs to upgrade a firmware..??????

I just did that :O! I'm lost with solutions... everything seems to work, but device seems to update via ampilfi updater, and you can see the downloading process.

but still it said, the firmware needs to upgrade.

help!

btw, sorry for the english,  im from the netherlands

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, first post figured I'd contribute. 

Just bought a FX1000 and I am an android user.

Had all the same issues (failed firmware updates) following all of L6's instructions.

Tried 3 different PC's, 2 different USB cables, several USB ports. All attempts to update firmware failed.

Tried a friend's Mac OS laptop, firmware update worked fine and was SUCCESSFUL.

If anyone is having trouble with failed updates, it seems the easiest way is to just find a friend with a Mac and download the updater and try it on that. Not an ideal solution, but it was plug-and-play easy, no drivers just the updater.

• 3 weeks later...

It took 2 hours but I eventually got the update for the FX100 to work using a windows pc. I downloaded the updater file. Then restarted the pc. Then ran the installation again and it finally worked.

The actual fx pedal is really good and the controls are superb on the app. It makes changing tones so easy.

The instructions need to be clearer though on hte installation as there's so many errors and failures in the process and no clarity about that the problem.