Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2 Quick Questions

powerwindows

Firstly how do you delete an un wanted patch on the 500x?

Secondly I downloaded a patch called Tom Sawyer from custom tone and it did not work. Tried everything to get it working. So after writing down all details I then built patch from scratch and it worked no problem. Any ideas why I could not get the down load to work as not had this issue before.

by not working, did it give you an error message or was there simply no noise? 

Its possible, aside from the previously mentioned items, that it was made for a different input source, such as a variax. 

As to the deleting issue: 

Its been said that you don't delete, you overwrite. And that is true. 

But, my method of overwriting is to simply drag a 'new tone' from another setlist into that slot. That way, its a totally blank slate, even the name is renewed. 

If you drag a 'new tone' from the same setlist, it won't delete the patch, it will just shuffle the entire list down one slot. 

If you drag a 'new tone' from the same setlist, it won't delete the patch, it will just shuffle the entire list down one slot. 

I do this all the time, but I've never had any problems with the list shifting down one slot? Maybe I'm not sure what you mean.

Input for this tone as posted is Variax.  I have edited it some since posting. Seems I tweak often.  Hopefully it was a good start for this tone.

Have been overwriting presets I don't want but like the idea of overwriting with New Tone. 

I do this all the time, but I've never had any problems with the list shifting down one slot? Maybe I'm not sure what you mean.

I mean... 

There are 64 slots in a setlist. If you take 16a and move it up to 4b, there isn't going to be two of the same as what was in 16a and no more of what was in 4b. 

16a becomes 4b. The original 4b will slide down and become 4c. 4c becomes 4d. and so on and so forth until that now-empty space in 16a gets filled. 

But if you take a tone from a separate setlist, it will overwrite the what's in the slot you put it in. 

I mean... 

There are 64 slots in a setlist. If you take 16a and move it up to 4b, there isn't going to be two of the same as what was in 16a and no more of what was in 4b. 

16a becomes 4b. The original 4b will slide down and become 4c. 4c becomes 4d. and so on and so forth until that now-empty space in 16a gets filled. 

But if you take a tone from a separate setlist, it will overwrite the what's in the slot you put it in. 

That's really odd. Never noticed any behavior like that. I always work in the edit software, but I never use the set lists "tab". If I want to copy a patch from one location to another within the same setlist, I hold down control (pc here) and click drag a patch from one location to another, then send the newly copied patch to the device. The patch I click-dragged is not affected in any way.

Edit:

Ok, I think I see what's going on now. When I don't use the control keypress and move things around, now something goofy happens, likely whatever you described.

Edited by duncann

Edit:

Ok, I think I see what's going on now. When I don't use the control keypress and move things around, now something goofy happens, likely whatever you described.

yes, I did the same thing. 

CTRL makes a difference. 

Using just the mouse to drag within a setlist will just shift everything. Using CTRL will actually copy a patch.