Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Xlr Total Melt Down

Had a catastrophe at live gig this afternoon. I have had Line 6 M20D for less that three months and have really enjoyed it's overall performance and abilities. I can't say enough about the sound quality how it has enhanced the bands I performed in and mix.

Today I setup the stage as usual and when I followed boot up procedure and attempted to check sound I realized that none of the mics (XLR) inputs were working. First thing I did was check the mic mute and then overall mute. I checked the solo and tried to set auto trim with no signal. This set up was a setup I have used and saved. I tried to load up a blank setup to troubleshoot and still got no signal in XLR however line signals worked fine. After about an hour of scratching my head and trying different things I restored to factory settings and tried a blank setup having the same results. I did notice that when turned up a lot I can get something to register but it is not enough to recognize as a signal. Everything else seem to work fine but no XLR inputs. I had to drive to the music store and buy a new 20 channel board to get through the gig. Couple of things to note:

1. Mixer recognized inputs

2. Had output only when line level was hooked up 13-14-15-16

3. Mic mute was not activated

4. All Mute was not activated

5. Mixer was reset to factory settings and problem persisted

6. The environment was air conditioned and out of any type of heat or sunlight

7. No XLR input work still

I don't know if this is a board I can rely on for my band and or business. Today's gig was ruined because of this mixer.

Anyone who has experienced this please respond ASAP

Jwright1232@yahoo.com

BTW the closest music store to me did not carry this product to even swap it out. Guitar Center

Very frustrated for a 2100 mixer bought brand new.

Hi,

I am very sorry to hear that. We did not have any similar case and would be very interested in examining the mixer and resolving the problem. Please get in contact with customer service:

Call Line 6 Technical Support

The US support team can be reached at 818-575-3600 (option 3), Mon-Fri 8am - 5 pm PST. Our busiest hours are from 11am to 2 pm.
The UK support team can be reached at +44 (0) 1788 566 555, Mon-Thurs 9am – 5pm GMT and Fri 9am – 4pm GMT.

Thanks,

Arne

I will. Thank you. Any ides what it could be though. I just went through everything and it acts just like I have the mic mute engaged but its not. I even tried to press it several times to see if its is stuck. Noticed when I first got the mixer that those buttons look great when not lit but when lit do not seem right with light showing from sides. (Mic Mute and All Mute) Is this normal.

I'm sorry this happened at your gig.  I have not seen this type of failure previously with the mixer.  I'm aware that you are referring to XLR input, so does that mean if you plug in a guitar 1/4" into inputs 1-12 it will work?  This happens only with XLR? 

Please contact our service department and register your unit for expedited service.  We would like to take care of this for you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regarding the light showing from around the outside of the MUTE ALL and MUTE MIC buttons, that is correct.  The light will show out around the edges of the buttons when they are engaged - similar to a halo.

Honestly I did not attempt to plug a ine into the 1-12 inputs. I was referring to the 13,14,15,16 inputs. Thanks for answering the previous question about the buttons. I always wondered about that as it seems antiquated compared to the rest of the board. Trying to resolve the problem with customer support. Thanks

The switched buttons are mechanical. If there were to be a software caused catastrophe you would need a mechanical button to mute the outputs.

You should save the system and email it to customer service. That way they could examine your setup to check and see if there is something shut off in software.

Thank you Dboomer, I was directed to ship the unit back to Line 6 so they could examine the problem. Did not seem to matter what setup was loaded I still had no XLR input even after Factory Default. We will see!