Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD V2.6 firmware question

tony94fcom

The only free feature will be Global EQ, right?

The only MAJOR free feature. 

There's always other little tweaks and enhancements. But the main selling point is the GEQ - which is something I don't even want. So I may not even update. 

The only MAJOR free feature. 

There's always other little tweaks and enhancements. But the main selling point is the GEQ - which is something I don't even want. So I may not even update. 

In case it helps, the Global EQ will be optional, so you can just leave it off and ignore it, while still enjoying whatever other benefits there may be to the update:

http://line6.com/support/topic/11715-global-eq-preset-onoff/

Thank you for the infos.

How is the global eq designed? it is some 4 bands fully parametric stuff?

Will we be able to assign it to different places into the FX chain? Or is it simply assigned to the output?

I saw on another forum where there is going to be an adjustable Global Speed Parameter (GSP) to allow us to dial in super fast lead riffs... :D

Actually, can't this sort of be done already using maybe the pattern tremolo, or seeker, or obi-wah?

its coming with the model pack.... but the model pack will require the firmware update... so a little bit of both.....

but its 50$ if you want the pack with the JC120 only... a couple other packs coming as well.

So there is a JC amp model coming??? Sweet!!!
Is that coming with the firmware update, or the model pack? Or are they one in the same?

Leave it to my luck to buy the only major piece of hardware that Line 6 has put out in the last 20 years that I have to pay for the upgrade in amps.

Nice...Even the HD500 got some free amps. I buy a HD500x and get an upgrade to my EQ.

Thanks Line 6.

At least resale will stay decent

• Upvote 1

I  hope the global eq will be at Hz not on % ...........

When 2.6 is released (we're still on track for the end of March for HD500X/Pro X and HD500/Pro/Bean shortly thereafter), Global EQ will be found on the last page of the Setup menu. Pressing ENTER will bypass and enable it; knob 1 selects the band for adjustment; knobs 2-4 adjust the select band's parameters.

With proper Hz/kHz and dB values.  ;)

• Upvote 1

what?!

the hd500 didnt get anything that the hd500x doesnt have

they have been selling model packs for the pod XT and pod farm for the better part of the last decade.

and.... you don't HAVE to buy anything... you bought it because you liked what it offered... it's still offering all that.

Leave it to my luck to buy the only major piece of hardware that Line 6 has put out in the last 20 years that I have to pay for the upgrade in amps.

Nice...Even the HD500 got some free amps. I buy a HD500x and get an upgrade to my EQ.

Thanks Line 6.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Line 6.

L6 is now owned by another company. I expect a lot of money grabs from here on out. I am not planning on buying gear until this craps out on me, which should be another 20 years like my last set up. 

But, again, I will throw out the disclaimer that I am a 'brand K' dealer. So it is natural that I have some disdain for the 'brand Y'.  

• Upvote 1

Thanks Line 6.

The model packs for the XT weren't free. Those same packs still aren't free for POD Farm, either. Actually, whenever Line 6 has released model packs, they've always charged for them. They have done free updates that include amp models as well, of course. But the a la carte model pack thing isn't really new for them.

Yes, it will be in Hz and db. Someone from Line 6 (forget exactly who) confirmed that in another thread within the last couple of days.

So, anyone know if the rest of the EQs will be in a useful unit of measure (finally) with this firmware update?

I saw on another forum where there is going to be an adjustable Global Speed Parameter (GSP) to allow us to dial in super fast lead riffs... :D

It'd be great if they included a talent parameter too, measured in stars of course.

Thanks Line 6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I

Actually, The Pod HD500 did get a significant free upgrade with additional amps and cabs. The Pod HD500x did not. It contains the original upgrades that were received by those buying an HD500.

In matter of fact,  Version 2.0 flash upgrade to the PodXT also came with additional amps and cabs, and allowed the user to upgrade to model packs if they wished. Still it was a free upgrade.

If you are going to reply to the quote then at least reply intelligently. The Pod, The Vetta. etc have all received additional amps and cab upgrades. Again, leave it to me to buy the only one that will receive an upgrade of global EQ.

Your right, I didn't have to buy this, and I don't have to keep it either. If that offends you, I could really care less. I don't recall asking for your opinion on the matter? My choice as a consumer really has no effect on your pocketbook either.

Please don't keep shoveling the same garbage about you bought a product "as is" to people. The fact is that these companies keep providing "free" upgrades not as a courtesy. This enables their product to stay news worthy and in the consumer landscape. People make Youtube videos, newer features attract additional attention, etc. New software upgrades prolong the end of life and keep revenues flowing. This isn't rocket science. It's business.

The fact that Line 6/Yamaha have now changed their view on upgrades and are charging for them is their choice. The fact that many others choose not to, is also a viable option. It still remains that this upgrade is just recoded PodXT crap that people are getting shoveled into their "HD" floorboards. It's not an upgrade. It's a downgrade from what this unit was supposed to be. I did not buy this unit to have their old technology dumped into it. Give me a break. That is just bad business, and a shame to see this cutting edge company quickly turned into this.

I suppose that next you will tell me how the new Variax is an upgrade from the James Tyler designed Variax? Really?  

Actually, The Pod HD500 did get a significant free upgrade with additional amps and cabs. The Pod HD500x did not. It contains the original upgrades that were received by those buying an HD500.

In matter of fact,  Version 2.0 flash upgrade to the PodXT also came with additional amps and cabs, and allowed the user to upgrade to model packs if they wished. Still it was a free upgrade.

If you are going to reply to the quote then at least reply intelligently. The Pod, The Vetta. etc have all received additional amps and cab upgrades. Again, leave it to me to buy the only one that will receive an upgrade of global EQ.

Your right, I didn't have to buy this, and I don't have to keep it either. If that offends you, I could really care less. I don't recall asking for your opinion on the matter? My choice as a consumer really has no effect on your pocketbook either.

Please don't keep shoveling the same garbage about you bought a product "as is" to people. The fact is that these companies keep providing "free" upgrades not as a courtesy. This enables their product to stay news worthy and in the consumer landscape. People make Youtube videos, newer features attract additional attention, etc. New software upgrades prolong the end of life and keep revenues flowing. This isn't rocket science. It's business.

The fact that Line 6/Yamaha have now changed their view on upgrades and are charging for them is their choice. The fact that many others choose not to, is also a viable option. It still remains that this upgrade is just recoded PodXT crap that people are getting shoveled into their "HD" floorboards. It's not an upgrade. It's a downgrade from what this unit was supposed to be. I did not buy this unit to have their old technology dumped into it. Give me a break. That is just bad business, and a shame to see this cutting edge company quickly turned into this.

I suppose that next you will tell me how the new Variax is an upgrade from the James Tyler designed Variax? Really?

You make some fair points here. Not sure who you are pissing into the wind at, but good luck with that. What you say is true; the 500x will receive exactly one free upgrade that being global EQ. Any new amp models will be paid for via model packs. The original HD500 was gifted what, 8 models from the original 22 to 30?

But what others say is also true and Line6 doesn't really owe us anything post sale do they? I mean, if you bought a new car would anyone expect the dealership to throw in a sun roof 6 months later gratis?

I'd say the best thing to do is either enjoy what you have or sell it and be done with Line6 altogether.

• Upvote 1

it is an upgrade in the fact that it's a more affordable version...

the HD500X was never EVER advertised as an upgrade to the HD500, in fact it was plainly stated that it was a hardware refresh...

the internal processors of the original were no longer available, so they went with the next best which happened to offer a little bit more power.

while doing this they chose to enhance the footswitches as well....

the HD500X will never get any models that the HD500 doesn't get.... and the hd500x got all the models the hd500 got, with none of the wait.....

be unhappy and bitter if you want.... but Line6 is not a non-profit organization, and i think that the model packs are a much more reasonable approach than coming out with something completely new and having everyone "upgrade".

which they will of course eventually do... but this way... your current hardware usefulness and capabilities are extended preserving your possible future resale or at the very least making more options available to you.

• Upvote 1

it is an upgrade in the fact that it's a more affordable version...

the HD500X was never EVER advertised as an upgrade to the HD500, in fact it was plainly stated that it was a hardware refresh...

the internal processors of the original were no longer available, so they went with the next best which happened to offer a little bit more power.

while doing this they chose to enhance the footswitches as well....

the HD500X will never get any models that the HD500 doesn't get.... and the hd500x got all the models the hd500 got, with none of the wait.....

be unhappy and bitter if you want.... but Line6 is not a non-profit organization, and i think that the model packs are a much more reasonable approach than coming out with something completely new and having everyone "upgrade".

which they will of course eventually do... but this way... your current hardware usefulness and capabilities are extended preserving your possible future resale or at the very least making more options available to you.

I'm still aggravated that L6 isn't paying my health insurance premiums...what nerve. :D

My point from above that you seem to not even acknowledged is that while the paid model packs may be something new in the HD line, they are not a new strategy for Line 6 altogether. They've been selling model packs for over a decade in various products. I don't think it was someone simply looking for a way to squeeze more money out of people. Even, it is that, no one has to buy them. It's like anything, if they don't sell at the price Line 6 has them at, the price will eventually go down.

• Upvote 1