Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider lV 75 off and on

Hate to say this, but my Spider lV 75 just started having the off and on issues.

I have done the factory resets, disconnected my shortboard, checked for updates, but nothing helps.

what is causing this problem.? i know many have had this issue, and what needs to be fixed.?

I can't have this going on while i'm recording.

I assume you verified the power cord is not loose.  I think in hte past people have detemined it is a bad component or solder joint in the amp that is causing the problem (when it heats up, it expands and power goes off) which would require servicing at an authorized service center.

What is your power supply like?  I've heard of people curing this problem by using a conditioned power supply (like a Furman conditioner) because their electricity voltage was actually varying quite a bit.

That could be a possibility, as it's just plugged into the wall outlet.

I should test it out with a spike strip, or conditioner and see what happens.

Thanks for the idea.

Also check out my link at the bottom, got a new song, using the Spider lV 75 on both guitar and bass...lol

• 3 weeks later...

I have a spider IV and it also randomly shuts off and comes back on - like a reset.   I have temp'd componets and nothing seems to be running hot.  Happens randomly sometimes 3 or 4 times in a row.   Very aggravating in live performance.  It's not the electric, amp worked fine for a long time, now it resets everywhere I play it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...