Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd Desktop Questions?

jmarzjunior

Hi i just got my pod hd desktop.

Question 1

I read that you can use it as an audio interface. How does that exactly work is there a mode inside the pod hd or do you just take out the guitar jack?

Question 2. If you use it as an audio interface, can you then use it to practice over guitar pro or a song on youtube and this wont damage the unit?

Question 3

Does anyone now if the pod hd converter is safe to use?

plug the POD into your PC with a USB cable...Then you have to plug your speakers using the LR outs or SPDIF from the pod....Once you do that, you will hear everything from your computer through the POD....POD hd converter? what is that? never heard of it...

plug the POD into your PC with a USB cable...Then you have to plug your speakers using the LR outs or SPDIF from the pod....Once you do that, you will hear everything from your computer through the POD....POD hd converter? what is that? never heard of it...

Thanks. Write Pod hd converter on google. It is a converter that converts pod hd pro pacthes into pod hd desktop and so on. 

I got another question too. If i use my computers sound card for computer business. And the pod hd as recording only would that work fine. I mean when i go into playback devises i wont set my pod hd as main audio driver. But in my DAW it is set to main driver so i can use one for computer thing and the pod hd as recording driver. Would that work fine? 

oh yea...the patch converter....I have never had the need for that app...In terms of using two interfaces at the same time, you can do that on a Mac...That will not work on Windows as far as I know...

But when i go into my DAW i can choose the pod Hd Asio and it works fine. And my soundcard in playback devises are still my computers own soundcard so i havent choosed pod hd. So i can use my own soundcard for youtube and pc stuff and the pod hd inside reaper or any other daw. Is this fine or should i just make pod hd my main soundcard when i use it?

Question 3

Does anyone now if the pod hd converter is safe to use?

Yep ..I use it all the time it makes a back up original patch ..and the new one can be dragged into the editor and used by the desktop HD. Some patches still don't work right though for some reason but its very rare most convert properly and work.

I assume we are referring to the same editor?

Once you configure your computer, switching sound cards should be fairly seamless...I have done that on Win 7 and XP laptops for quick and dirty recording....My DAW has an EMU interface so I never use a POD as a soundcard on that box...

Yep ..I use it all the time it makes a back up original patch ..and the new one can be dragged into the editor and used by the desktop HD. Some patches still don't work right though for some reason but its very rare most convert properly and work.

I assume we are referring to the same editor?

Yes i think its the same one. It makes backups too. When you write pod hd converter it is the first one thats pop up on Google. I downloaded it from here http://www.jzab.de/content/pod-hd

Once you configure your computer, switching sound cards should be fairly seamless...I have done that on Win 7 and XP laptops for quick and dirty recording....My DAW has an EMU interface so I never use a POD as a soundcard on that box...

How should you configure? And what does the configuration do? Can you guide/help me with that?