Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Now a 4/8 ship date

alasmiths

Come on line 6, constantly moving the ship date back is getting a little annoying. Not being ready for a product launch is really poor customer support. By the time i receive the product it will be 2 months after i ordered and 1 month after the original ship date of 3/2. That's if it even ships on 4/8. Very crappy thing to do to your customers. Can anyone confirm an actual date when the product will go to resellers like musicians friend?

• Downvote 1

I don't think they ever announced a release date as such, at least not here in the UK, all the official stuff just said Q1 2015

Just think of all the lovely stuff they'll be cramming into it with this extra time spent on it! At least that's how I spend my days lol

I can sympathize. I think it would be better to avoid disappointing customers by not providing shipping dates at all. Or provide a much broader window, like a quarter year. And if in doubt, use the later quarter.

In this case it would better if they had said 'Will ship in Q2 2015'. Then you'd be really happy to get in on 4/8, or even two months later than that.

Note that it is the retailer providing these dates to the public, not Line 6. The retailer wants to be prepared to receive the product, so they need, and Line 6 provides, an estimated shipping date. But that is intended for retailer planning purposes only. If they then provide that date to the public as if it were an official release date, it is they who are disappointing you.

I just checked Andertons where I'm getting mine and it still says due 15th March, probably not up to date and I haven't received any official emails about it or anything

Not wanting to pour cold water, but that was on Anderton's when I checked the price, when it was revealed at NAMM.

Yeah sure I figured as much, it's been the 15th since I ordered also, if it does ship 1st week of April then it's only a few days outside of Q1 2015 so can't be too grumpy about it

I think I saw a post from digital igloo either on here or gear page that these estimated shipping dates are usually worked out on a best case scenario and that the date therefore is always more likely to move backwards rather than forwards

Anyway I'm pretty sure the only reason it's taking longer is because they are busy fitting a looper into mine ha

Note that it is the retailer providing these dates to the public, not Line 6. The retailer wants to be prepared to receive the product, so they need, and Line 6 provides, an estimated shipping date. But that is intended for retailer planning purposes only. If they then provide that date to the public as if it were an official release date, it is they who are disappointing you.

MF didn't post it as an official release date.  They state very clearly it is estimated.  Why wouldn't they post your estimated date?  They are trusting you to know about when they should receive your product.  I was also very understanding when it changed to 03/14 but now that it is pushing to 4/8 and like you said maybe 2 months after that?!?! is really poor planning on your estimations.  Looking forward to the product.  Whenever I get it...

Fyi.... They're not my dates. I am not a Line 6 employee. And forget the 2 months. I was only saying that IF the forecast date had been 2Q that means end of June.

And if you understand that it's an estimated date... Well, that's what it means. Subject to change. Relax.

Ugh, i just love it when a customer expresses he is annoyed with a company in a non-combative way and is told to relax by a fan boy. Sorry for assuming you worked for the company. Your comments made me think you did.

Line 6 is not that great when it comes to customer service along with product release dates. So now the Firehawk and the hd software are not going to see the light of day until almost the end of April, which I am guessing turns into sometime in May. That puts them several mts over what they stated, nice job line 6.

• 3 weeks later...

So... is this thing actually happening?  Because it looks like it's not happening in Q1.   

It's seriously to the point where I'm thinking of going another direction.

I ordered mine January. Now Musician's Friend has yet again pushed the date back. Now saying the 24th. With really confused because on the 4/3 a rep from line 6 was commenting on there Facebook announcement telling people they where shipping out and they are in the wild. So I'm at a loss.

Line 6 is now shipping them to retailers, so I imagine the 4/24 date was just MF being conservative. I would think that retailers would start being able to fulfill orders this week.

Just talked to MF and they stated the 4/24 date now showing on the site is given to them by Line6.  Good thing is that he states there is enough product coming in whenever they get it to cover all orders(if Line6 sends all they ordered).  Still a dissappointment with Line6 on how they handled this launch but glad to hear they are being shipped out.  Here's hoping...

Some retailers here in the UK just dropped the price by £25, my supplier says they can't refund the difference as I had the finance option but they will give me £25 worth of accessories so not too bad, but I wonder, is this down to line 6 dropping the price? Maybe it's an indication that a looper won't be on the way?

FYI-my order from AMS in the US shipped out on 4/10/15 via fedex ground.  My tracking shows delivery on 4/16/15.  Here is the deal though-last week I had called customer service and they were only receiving 4 units in their initial order.  They had 5 pre-orders, so I got lucky.  They were expecting another 4 units in around 4/24.  I am guessing Line 6 is only issuing small shipments to all retailers in order to allow each to get some units sold.  I would expect that retailers will be able to get bigger orders in a few months when the early adopters all get their hands on the initial shipments and their reviews hit the internet.  If interested in the Firehawk make sure to check all online retailer sites in the next couple of weeks to check out the reviews.  I just hope I am equally lucky in getting my order of the Variax Standard. 

• Upvote 2

My Firehawk is in house.  Hooked it up to the android app-paired it via Bluetooth and went through all the presets.  Some are really nice, amp emulations-great, others-not so much.  Thing is-it is super easy to edit-all parameters are right there and tweak-able.  So, if you do not like an amp, or effect for a preset, just click the amp or effect tab in the app, and switch it out.  I did notice a slight delay in the app when switching preset buttons on the unit-about 0-2 seconds-no delay in the sound, just in the display, and some switches between presets did produce unwanted overtones, but muting the strings when switching presets solved that.  Also, I have a POD-HD Bean, hooked up exactly the same as the Firehawk.  The output of the Firehawk via stereo 1/4" outputs to a PA was leaps and bounds better than the POD-HD.  I will be using the POD with the PC, and the FIrehawk into my recording rig/PA.  I did not hook this into an amp yet.  I do not think the amp is going to be better sound than going straight into a PA unless you use stereo channels with the amp.  I think right now my plan is to map out a list what custom effects I will be shooting for then build and save them.  I did notice that many of the on board presets were similar, and a few I would never need so I am going to replace almost half the presets with custom.  I also plan on experimenting with the mp3 functionality and see if it really gives you the good starting point that it claims as it may cut down the time to build the custom tones.

Also, I have a POD-HD Bean, hooked up exactly the same as the Firehawk.  The output of the Firehawk via stereo 1/4" outputs to a PA was leaps and bounds better than the POD-HD.  I will be using the POD with the PC, and the FIrehawk into my recording rig/PA. 

so just to confirm... the exact same patch in the Firehawk hooked up identically sounds better than the POD HD?

I find the Firehawk factory presets to be much better than the the Pod HD presets, with the exception of the newest HD Setlist called Variax. I think Line 6 put more effort into creating good presets out of the box with Firehawk and that carried over to the latest HD presets. I hope it's a good omen and that it will carry on.

I wouldn't extrapolate to saying the Firehawk is capable of creating better tones overall, but imo the factory presets certainly sound better.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn I ordered with Andertons too, haven't had an email recently though, last email said April 30th, I'm also considering cancelling, thinking I may as well wait until it's in stores so I can see how bad the lag is when switching patches as I don't really want to receive it by mail and realise within 5 minutes that it's not suitable and have to post it back