Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Music Library Not Showing in Android App

jhachtel

Hello,

I just migrated from iOS to Android. I have an Amplifi FX100 and an Android phone. The FX100 has all the current firmware updates and my Android app is updated as well. In the app, when I go to Music Library, all I see are some alert tones for my Weather Channel app and Google Hangouts. There is no music in there whatsoever. I do have music downloaded to my Play Music app, but it doesn't show up in my Amplifi app. What am I doing wrong, or does the Android version of the app not support tone matching?

Thanks in advance for the help.

- Jeff

Is it thew standard "Play Music" app?

If so, there is a switch to show Downloaded only.

Click the 3 lines to the left of Listen Now.

I suspect you may be streaming songs in your library as apposed to having them stored locally.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I am using the Play Music app to manage my music.

The music I thought was downloaded was only cached, so I figured out how to download it all and downloaded it.

My Amplifi app still only shows notification tones in my music even after I downloaded all the music.

I think I'm just going to use my old iPhone to control the board. I downloaded a different music app for Android that lets me look at the available folders. The only folders are the ones showing the notification tones I see in the amplifi app. The music in the Play Music app is stored in a floder specific to itself, and not available to other apps. At least that's what it looks like to me. In the other app, the notification tones show up in my library, meaning if I were to shuffle my library I would get some notification tones thrown in from time to time. Irritating. Anyway, thanks for the guidance.

• 5 months later...

I have a number of songs on the actual device but the Music Library section in the app can only see the notification sounds of the device which are not that much fun to jam along to :)

Sounds like the issue is you need to update your notification sounds.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can you see where your songs are stored?

An Andriod tablet is not like a regular computer in that everything is done through apps, so you don't create folders and files in the usual way. There is no my music my photos and the like. The idea is that everything is internet or cloud based. I have loads of songs that I can listen to off line but you access them through the google play app?.. 

I have a file manager app which allows you to view the memory structure of the device and sd card.

(You can also create folders, rename files, move files, ect...)

And on both the device and sd card there is a Music folder, which is where all my songs are.

I did not physically move them there, it's just where the ended up when I dragged them over from my pc.

It's quite possible your songs are there also and there is a different issue preventing them from showing up in the app's player.

• 3 months later...

This seems to be a problem with how Google Play Music works. When you download the songs to your device, they are indeed there and playable offline however, they are obscured so you cannot see them and other apps can't see them. This is why they don't show up in your music library in the AMPLIFI Remote app. - You can go to Google Play music through a browser (on the Nexus be sure to request the desktop site). This will allow you to download the song as an mp3 in the music folder however, Google will let you know that you may only download the songs this way twice for each song. I am considering making a playlist of all my songs in the Google Play Music app and downloading the whole playlist. Then I will scrap Google Play Music and use another music app that stores my music locally in an easily visible form.

• 1 month later...

Sorry. I lost track of this thread.

I never resolved the problem. The songs I purchased reside on the phone, but in a folder within the music app, not where the FX100 is looking. This and a few other issues pushed me back to my iPhone where I don't have this problem. ianj001 has the right idea.

Actually I totally solved my problem. I wanted to Jam to my songs but they were not showing in the Amplifi software that confused me. The solution is open the amplifi app connect as usual get your tomes from the cloud modify tomes all good. them open your Google Play Music player app and play any song as usual. What happens next is the song magically begins to play through your amp and when you play your guitar it too plays just fine.

Bottom line ignore the amplifi music player and use your usual music player works fine.

Actually I totally solved my problem. I wanted to Jam to my songs but they were not showing in the Amplifi software that confused me. The solution is open the amplifi app connect as usual get your tomes from the cloud modify tomes all good. them open your Google Play Music player app and play any song as usual. What happens next is the song magically begins to play through your amp and when you play your guitar it too plays just fine.

Bottom line ignore the amplifi music player and use your usual music player works fine.

I don't think the tone matching works if you do it this way. So you have to "manually" select the tones you want then use them to play along. It means the really cool feature of auto tone matching is essentially disabled.