Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

donnyedge

Right now there is a direct function of any volume and headphone volume for me. That is, if I want a hotter signal into Audacity no matter what is turn up..E.G. Master volume, computer volume, or mixer volume I hear it louder in my headphones. How can I get a hotter signal without hearing it loud?

Thank you

•  

I believe that Audacity by default uses a non-compliant ASIO driver called ASIO4ALL. It is known to sometimes cause problems with devices like the PodHD that depend on a fully compliant driver. Make sure you reset Audacity so that you are using the Line6 ASIO driver.

Wow, thanks for posting this.  I was having this same problem last night.  Not just the low volume, but whenever I tried to adjust the amp model's volume, I would get some instant and severe clipping.

Well, I think the problem was the distortion pedal I had in the chain before the amp.  In my quest for more volume, I turned up the "output" of the Line 6 Distortion.  That didn't give me much volume, so (without turning the output down), I went in and adjusted the volume of the amp model.  BAM, instant clipping.  I had no idea why it was clipping and decided to walk away for a while, and reading this thread made me realize what had happened.

Anyway, thanks for the post and the responses.

How common is it to use the 18db boost when recording?  With my problem, it would have just been masking the real problem, which was my effects were set up incorrectly.  If you have things set up the right way, would you still need the 18db boost?

Depends on your DAW really, some of them just don't bring in much signal strength.  Personally I use Plug-in on my DAW to reduce the input volume to about -6-8db. The final mix works better and other plug-in seem to work better that way. But some DAW just don't get much.  I've used the boost before on Bass guitar becuase my Bass just don't have much output though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys .I,m an opder dude about to make the jump to a pod 500 and i dont mind admitting i,m.a bit nervous about getting my head around the technology., i used to be a recording musician across in the US bacck in the day but now i want to go out doing covers etc so if i suggest a few tracks can you techno wizards tell me if the pod 500 can rrecreate the sounds ?,No1/ the edge tone .two separate signal chains with different delay times, each with modulation on the repeats and the ability to blend them then combine the outputs in to one which would be fed into my amp ?.No2/ can it recreate the whammy pedal effect Dave Gilmour uses these days where you can jump up an octave , No3/ purely for drunken pub gigs on a friday night , can the pod recreate the correct harmonies for the hook line in Thin Lizzy the boys are back in town ,ive tried other harmonisers but they always use a seemingly mathmaticap approach and not the correct note selection ? hope ive made sense and hope someone can help me.CheersGeorge

Hey guys .I,m an opder dude about to make the jump to a pod 500 and i dont mind admitting i,m.a bit nervous about getting my head around the technology., i used to be a recording musician across in the US bacck in the day but now i want to go out doing covers etc so if i suggest a few tracks can you techno wizards tell me if the pod 500 can rrecreate the sounds ?,No1/ the edge tone .two separate signal chains with different delay times, each with modulation on the repeats and the ability to blend them then combine the outputs in to one which would be fed into my amp ?.No2/ can it recreate the whammy pedal effect Dave Gilmour uses these days where you can jump up an octave , No3/ purely for drunken pub gigs on a friday night , can the pod recreate the correct harmonies for the hook line in Thin Lizzy the boys are back in town ,ive tried other harmonisers but they always use a seemingly mathmaticap approach and not the correct note selection ? hope ive made sense and hope someone can help me.CheersGeorge

Those things can be done. 

I suggest that you wait until you have it in front of you and have tinkered with it for awhile before you worry about creating exact tones. 

First, without owning one, you will be lost at everything we say. But also, you never know, once you get it, you may be able to figure it out yourself. 

• 1 year later...

it might be advantageous to download the artist/song you will be performing from Customtone.

These patches can be loaded into the HD EDIT program so you can get a look at what you can do in EDIT program but wont be able to hear anything.