Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Tone problem! Any help?

SirRis

So, it's me again and I'm still a bit new to this.

I have a POD HD500X and I've been using a digi-delay with the rat (classic distortion) and I find the delay volume so loud. And because I got it just last thursday, I'm still wondering how to adjust it's delay volume. I tried messing with the mix and fdbk and I don't think it changed anything with the volume. So, is there any way to lower it's vol? Btw, I'm using my POD HD500X direct to earphones since I don't have a powered monitor and my 10-watt amp sucks! :(

Any help would be much appreciated*

Adjusting the mix should be what you want. How is the signal chain setup?

With the digital delay, you could also try adjusting the bass and treble. It defaults at 50% for each, which means it takes whatever signal is going in, and cuts the bass and treble by half. What bass and treble means in terms of frequencies, I don't know.

• Upvote 1

With the digital delay, you could also try adjusting the bass and treble. It defaults at 50% for each, which means it takes whatever signal is going in, and cuts the bass and treble by half. What bass and treble means in terms of frequencies, I don't know.

+1 yep the mix should do it.  What order? Delay in Gain or Gain in Delay? Gain into Delay would be the normal approach.

I tried adjusting the mix and I think it did the job, thanks for that. But yes, the delay feedback seems a bit thinner than the actual note I hit. Do I have to add more bass and treble for it to sound the same way as I hit a note? Thanks!

+1 yep the mix should do it.  What order? Delay in Gain or Gain in Delay? Gain into Delay would be the normal approach.

Hey, Palico! Thanks for helping me again. But, uhmmm.. I'm kinda confused about Delay in Gain or Gain in Delay. Sorry, It's just my first effects processor so I'm still new to this. :3

Btw, the signal chain setup is.. Noise Gate > Classic Distortion > Sub-octave Fuzz > Pitch Glide > Volume Pedal > Digital Delay > Amp & Cab Sim (Treadplate) and of course, the Looper. :)

I tried adjusting the mix and I think it did the job, thanks for that. But yes, the delay feedback seems a bit thinner than the actual note I hit. Do I have to add more bass and treble for it to sound the same way as I hit a note? Thanks!

That's it exactly. If you want the same tone on the delayed parts, set bass and treble to 100%.

Hey, Palico! Thanks for helping me again. But, uhmmm.. I'm kinda confused about Delay in Gain or Gain in Delay. Sorry, It's just my first effects processor so I'm still new to this. :3

Btw, the signal chain setup is.. Noise Gate > Classic Distortion > Sub-octave Fuzz > Pitch Glide > Volume Pedal > Digital Delay > Amp & Cab Sim (Treadplate) and of course, the Looper. :)

As already pointed out you might try moving the Digital Delay after the amp. In front or after the amp have been used to great effect but they do sound a bit differnet.  Just asking because a Delay before a Gain can sound really odd, but the HD500 seres is prefectly capable of setting up amost anything you can dream up, even the unconventioal.