Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JTV and older POD models

Hi,

I just purchased a JTV59 which I am having a lot of fun with.  I have a chance to buy an older POD an XT Live.  I have read of some issues using it to control the Varian.  But that is not my concern.  I was wondering if this version of the POD can act as a power supply for the guitar.  I know that the newest versions have this capability but I can't seem to find out i the POD XT live can do this too.  Any information is greatly appreciated.

Jim

The XT Live will power the JTV, and it will behave pretty much the way it did with the original Variax. You can still recall presets on the guitar from the XTL. The main thing is that if you have presets set up with an older Variax, the JTV will not automatically sync with those presets. You have to re-save the preset on the XTL to recall JTV preset. It's briefly explained here:

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/guitars/james-tyler-variax-guitars/using-a-james-tyler-variax-with-podxtx3-live-a-r17