Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JTV 69 TREMOLO

I am trying to locate a place to purchase a tremolo set screw and the black ring that sets in the tremolo receptacle.  I have found a replacement bridge assembly at fullcompass.com.  But I certainly don't want to spend $189 for a set screw and a ring.  Anyone know how or where to look for these parts.  

I've attached a pic to help better explain.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers, 

Vandy

post-389812-0-22608300-1426526580_thumb.jpg

no luck bro.  mine isn't missing either piece but I still hate the design, it is just loose in the shaft and when I use it, I hear a click as it wobbles.  If you are totally missing the plastic sleeve and can't get any help from Line 6 support, you might try using some heat shrink on the trem bar until it fits snugly.  Get it at any electrical supply house.  You will need to use a couple of layers to get the thickness right.  You might also try some plumber's teflon tape as well.  Actually I just thought of that and will try it myself this week...  The set screw will be harder to match up but maybe a machine shop supply house?

Thanks guys.  I appreciate you jumping in.  Definitely going to try the tape idea from raditats.  That will at least get rid of the clank bar for now.  I wish I could find out where those bridge assemblies are manufactured.  I would have to assume that they have parts for the assembly.

Thanks again

I advise learn about your JTV-69 Tremolo - 

http://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=9371.0

the JTV-69 Trem Arm is hollow and threaded on the bottom 

1372711243_268795844_P1020060.jpg

and the the large Rear Allen Head screw on the left  is the secret for Trem Bar tension

1372711238_786268275_P1020002.jpg

How to Install the Tremolo Bar on the "Gen 2" (Summer 2011) JTV-69:

1) Be sure you have the correct "Gen 2" Tremolo Bar for your "Gen 2" JTV-69 Tremolo - it should look like this (see the threaded hole in the bottom) :

2 ) Push Tremolo Bar into the trem bar hole on the Bridge plate.

3 ) Gently rotate the tremolo bar clockwise until it catches the internal threads on the hidden internal lead screw.

4) Rotate the Tremolo bar 6 or 7 times clockwise until it bottoms out and sits fully down inside the bridge.

5) Adjust the Tremolo bar tension with the small Allen set screw that is located on the lower side of the chrome round collet on the bridge plate.

Yep, done all that.  Still, I want the trem to be able to swing out of the way so I have to leave it a little loose and that is the issue.  It is not snug in the hole.  When I grab it, there is a slight clink as it contacts the sides of the shaft and that transmits clearly through the piezos... I am going to try the teflon tape to see if that snugs it in the shaft hole and gets rid of that noise.

Thanks Steve.  I understand the system.  As rad mentioned that does nothing for the missing  black compression ring at the top of the bar insert.

Also wanted to let Rad know that I tried his tape idea but I used electrical tape instead of teflon to wrap the bar.  It is a good temporary fix.  I cut the the electrical tap strip in half and started the wrap right below the curve of the bar.  Worked well.  Thanks for the idea Rad!  I would have never thought of it.

Cheers to all,

Vandy

• 3 months later...

Same problem here. The trem arm is loose enough to hear some clanging as I rock it. Very annoying. My jtv69 is one of the early ones. I believe it's a "type1" trem with no set screw? I just email'd line 6 about getting a new grommet which will hopefully fit better.

Annoyingly, my original guitar had a replacement setscrew or 2, and my exchanged Variax had no setscrews and was missing the hex wrench for adjusting intonation.

I don't know if this was sweetwater's fault or Line 6's, but it is annoying.