Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HELP: Lonely Boy Detune GTR settings...!

Mastersonics

Hi everyone

I looked around and couldn't find a clear guitar setting for this song...
I've seen a few videos too but they don't show how to set it up.

Can anyone help me out on a step by step how to set it up and use the wah for the GTR detune?

thanks a lot

Charles

Bueller... Anyone... Anyone?

I feel bad that nobody has tried to help and I wish I could, but honestly?  I have no earthly idea what you are talking about song or sound wise lol. 

Perhaps some background?  Things like who's the original artist and a short sound clip or video perhaps?  Then at least you'd have a starting point for others to chime in with sounds they may have created themselves for other purposes that may work in your context.

• Upvote 1

Try putting a pitch glide somewhere before the amp, set the mix to 100%. Then assign the pitch parameter to either EXP1 or EXP2, with the min and max values at -12 and 0, or 0 and -12, depending on how you want pitch down to operate. That is, the detune will occur with the pedal in the heel position with a min value of -12, or it will occur in the toe position with a min value of 0.

The manual contains better detailed instructions for each of the actions outlined above.

Just noticed this: If you do this directly on the device, the min and max value range are from -24.0 to 24.0. But if you use the hd edit software, the min and max value range are from 0% to 100%. A little bit of an inconsistency. So in the case of percentages, you'd use the ranges of 25% (min) to 50% (max) or 50% (min) to 25% (max).

This would be for an hd500x. Not sure how this works if you have an hd300 or hd400.

It's possible to do with the expression pedal and pitch glide but a pain in the butt. My less eloquent solution is to set a hd500x patch to tell me variax to drop an octave and I play that riff an octave higher (around 7th/5th fret) but the lower tuning allow me to achieve a pretty close sound with a slide down instead of a pitch effect. If you don't have a variax, you could try using the pod to do the guitar an octave.

There was a great patch for this for XT but since upgrading to 500X I can't replicate it. The XT patch won't run through the converter. There is a patch in Customtone that gives you the whammy dive bomb but, for me, it doesn't work in the song.

I now use a work around with two patches. Both with a nice 'Black Keys' sound but one with a drop D tuning for my JTV and play the riff in drop D and get the 'bomb' by pressing the E string behind the nut. OK, it's not the same but 'it does'. You could play the whole song in drop D but i don't like to so i switch to the std tuning patch as i go into the verse. Hope this helps!

. e riff

Hi everyone
Sorry but for some reason i wasn't getting the replies via email....

Still don't know how to do this but will check your comments and take it from there..

If anyone have the patch please let me know ASAP

thanks,
Charles

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure as I dont use the patch. The treble side is not bright enough to make the riff audible to me. This whole thing started because Charlie wanted a patch with the pitch drop and this is the only one ive ever found where it works on a 500X. I got it from CustomTone but it dosent seem to be there any more. I didnt want to post it back there as, frankly, I dont want to be associated with it!

if you have one please post it or put a copy here as it would be great to have a good one!

Thanks!

It's been my experience that most patches, shared, don't translate well between guitars and rigs but I will post mine (tonight) here as well. The only reason I didn't post mine was that I didn't want to hear a bunch of posts about how it doesn't sound right. All I know is that it works for my situation.

Mastersonics,,,,, my 500 matches my clown shoes.  :D

Fully appreciate what you say Lee. I have a Dream Rig so sounds should translate between gear however, there are lots of posts here saying 'this or that doesn't sound right' and what people seem to forget that we all have ears and what sounds good to one person might not sound good to someone else. We can only help each other with the tech!

I really hear wht you say in "all I know is it works for my situation".

I hope that that is what all if us are aiming for!

Thanks.

Hi Matt

Just got home and tried the patch and it's PERFECT but I think I have a problem
The main sound of the guitar sounds muffled with no definition...

I will try to fix it, maybe it's my system not working correctly....

cheers,
Charles

Matt Mom

I will see what's wrong with my system because after checking both patches they are very similar but for some reason yours does not work like it supposed...

Ghost in the machine perhaps?

thanks so much for your help with this

truly appreciated

Charles

Matt Mom

I will see what's wrong with my system because after checking both patches they are very similar but for some reason yours does not work like it supposed...

Ghost in the machine perhaps?

thanks so much for your help with this

truly appreciated

Charles

Which one doesn't work and what isn't working?

My patch is tweaked to use Variax 500 / Special-1