Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Updated Printable MeAmBobbo's High-Gain Guide

meambobbo

Big thanks to Joel Fairman for taking the time to do this.  I got tired of updating the Word (.docx) and PDF versions of my Tone Guide every time there was a change, so to update it, I would simply copy paste the HTML pages.  Thus, the links all pointed to the web rather than to locations internal to the document.  Joel fixed all these links as well as added all the graphics and charts that were only available on the web.  This makes the printed guide more complete, as well as making the downloadable files easier to work with.

He also organized the patches a little differently.  And now everything - guide and patches are all available as a single zip or 7z file.

The links are on the front page of the tone guide site:

http://foobazaar.com/podhd/toneGuide/

And here's the direct link for zip:

http://foobazaar.com/podhd/toneGuide/TOTAL_MEAMBOBBO.zip

and 7z:

http://foobazaar.com/podhd/toneGuide/TOTAL_MEAMBOBBO.7z

• Upvote 18

Big thanks to Joel Fairman for taking the time to do this.  I got tired of updating the Word (.docx) and PDF versions of my Tone Guide every time there was a change, so to update it, I would simply copy paste the HTML pages.  Thus, the links all pointed to the web rather than to locations internal to the document.  Joel fixed all these links as well as added all the graphics and charts that were only available on the web.  This makes the printed guide more complete, as well as making the downloadable files easier to work with.

Thanks again for the excellent info you provided us. It's been a Great Help.

Hmmm very intriguing...

I couldn't get on with the hd500 and I let it beat me and got a zoom g5 but while I had the pod your guide was a bible, I found it most useful and it almost felt like a shoulder to lean on, knowing that someone more knowledgeable than myself was having similar issues to what I was experiencing was a big comfort lol, looking forward to whatever it is your working on

@jandrio, sort of... its not exactly centered around tone, although that is included. Hopefully ill be done in summer.

Fyi, i did make a number of classic rock patches that are available in the zip and in the patch section of my site. They didnt require as much advanced tweaking to get where i wanted them compared to hogh gain stuff, but i still think i squeezed all the tone i could into them. Try em out. Maybe youll find something you like

• Upvote 1

@jandrio, sort of... its not exactly centered around tone, although that is included. Hopefully ill be done in summer.

Fyi, i did make a number of classic rock patches that are available in the zip and in the patch section of my site. They didnt require as much advanced tweaking to get where i wanted them compared to hogh gain stuff, but i still think i squeezed all the tone i could into them. Try em out. Maybe youll find something you like

yeah, i know ALL ur patches, have long ago downloaded them and used them.

what i meant is abt ur guide itself...

eg enrich the contents with other amps/effects as well.

anyway, i'm sure ur new project will b as good as the old one, so looking 4ward 2 summer :)

oh, btw, any plans abt a variax guitar settings similar guide?

rgds/john

I hope to eventually get the guide to the point where I don't have to control the content - those knowledgeable about the subject would be able to do so.  I don't have a Variax or DT-series amp, and I don't use the FX loop on the Pod really at all.  So I don't feel I should be writing guides about things I only have second-hand knowledge of.  But I do agree that it would be great to fit these things in there.  Stay tuned.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

My HD500 in storage at the moment whilst I trawl through the complexity and minefield of Ax Fx 2 but still love my HD500 to take to ggs where the beer and fights are flowing, still on here browsing to see when next update for HD500 is in. I salute you fella read your guide and saved on my phone too, alot of effort and trouble which the Ax could actually do with to tell you the truth. Many thanks mate