Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 Bayou Amp Model In x3 Live

tony3721

Hi!

I just purchased a POD HD 500X.  I am currently an X3 Live player and was thinking to upgrade to the HD 500X and then buy a DT series amp to get the full modeling effect.  I currently have a sweet Fender Concert amp that I am using as a power amp.  The set up sounds really nice, but the blackplate tubes that I have in it saturate too much for some of the sharper sounds that I want to be able to make.  So, I thought I'd completely buy in (the x3 live was a tester and it won me over - I have liquidated my entire pedal board full of vintage/modded, analog pedals) and go for the HD 500X and a DT amp.  One sound in the X3 Live is an amp model called "CC- Line 6 Bayou" which is not present on my HD 500X.  Can I get it for the HD 500X?  That's kind of a deal breaker because the combination of that amp and my guitar si super sweet & I now must have it!!!

Thanks for your help!

One sound in the X3 Live is an amp model called "CC- Line 6 Bayou" which is not present on my HD 500X.  Can I get it for the HD 500X? 

Well you can't get it exactly... The 500X does have the Fender Deluxe Reverb in both normal and bright models though and you will have to tweak it to match. 

Another option for consideration is the Firehawk FX which has all the HD amps from the 500 and all the amps from the X3 as well.  It has the exact Line 6 Bayou amp model in that unit.  It has fewer I/O options and no direct L6 support for the DT amps though.  It does fully interact with the Variax.

Still, for what its worth, I am letting my DT go and moving all in on the full FRFR route.  Definitely worth thinking about before you jump on the DT...

Full list of Firehawk amp models

Well you can't get it exactly... The 500X does have the Fender Deluxe Reverb in both normal and bright models though and you will have to tweak it to match. 

Another option for consideration is the Firehawk FX which has all the HD amps from the 500 and all the amps from the X3 as well.  It has the exact Line 6 Bayou amp model in that unit.  It has fewer I/O options and no direct L6 support for the DT amps though.  It does fully interact with the Variax.

Still, for what its worth, I am letting my DT go and moving all in on the full FRFR route.  Definitely worth thinking about before you jump on the DT...

Full list of Firehawk amp models

Plus the FireHawk is iOS/Android ready and able too, if that's your thing.

Well it's based on a Fender Deluxe. Specifically, "This is the result of our quest to capture the fondly remembered tone of a harp player blowing through a beat up old Fender Deluxe." So, other than the Fender's, you might ty the Divide 13 o Dr Z. Remember, the amps in the X3 are more like an amp that's been processed and EQ'd by a recording engineer where the HD amps are more "raw".

Bye the way - thanks to each of you for your input and help. All of this information is super helpful. I'm on mobile so can't seem to bringquotes into my reply, but I wiuld like to know if anyone can tell me some steps to take to get the suggested Fender Amp to sound like the Bayou. If possible, maybe even some general guidelines for amp tweaking. I am usually looking to 'warm up' the sound but not always. I play a RA ES335 and a Texas Special Strat (SSS). Thanks so much for your help!

What's "the full FRFR route"?

Using Full Range Flat Response speakers like the Line 6 L series or active PA monitors or just going direct to the PA.  The HD500 has both full and pre amp models.  The full amp models have a modeled power section so you can skip the real amp and go straight to the board.  The DT amp gives you the tube power section to match up with the pre amp models.  Certainly it sounds great but so do the full amp models in a good PA.  The DT is not stereo, weighs a fair bit and still has all the maintenance drawbacks of any tube amp.  FRFR is a lot easier to manage and allows the full stereo if you want to use it including dual amp patches.

Here is a link to my other thread discussing options and trying to narrow down my choices.

I liked the idea of the Firehawk but I have never been happy enough with the in ear monitor mix to be able to completely let the amp go. I play at the back of the stage with my amp facing me and one in ear monitor out so that I get the acoustic sound of my amp but it keeps the sound mostly backstage.

I liked the idea of the Firehawk but I have never been happy enough with the in ear monitor mix to be able to completely let the amp go. I play at the back of the stage with my amp facing me and one in ear monitor out so that I get the acoustic sound of my amp but it keeps the sound mostly backstage.

You can still do that with a L2 or an L3 but with the added advantage of knowing that exactly what you are hearing is what is going to the FOH without having to be miked up...

I see. Good point. Hmmm.... Thanks A lot!! Now I have more gear to look into. I actually have been eyeballing the axe fx set up too, but I'm a live player and so the midi foot controller just doesn't have what I want.

FRFR mean Full Range, Flat Response..It refers to speakers. A guitar speaker iamp s NOT an FRFR speaker.  Line 6's L2t is, that appears to be designed patly with the HD500 in mind. It's even bundled together with the HD500 at Sweetwater.

One quick thing to do while making a patch is to run through all the speaker cab/mic variations. I've been surprised at what has come up.