Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

This is funny.....

Tboneous

I took my DT50 to the local repair guru to finally get an answer to my "windy" low frequency noise that comes out of my amp when I play certain notes on my guitar. Strangest of all is the noise started right after it was returned to me from Line 6 who fixed the dying amp issue I had. And of course, now it's out of warrantee. Go figure!

Anyway, I am not much for advertising on anything that I purchase, so I removed the Line 6 logo from the front of the amp. Also its fun to tell other gear nerds who compliment my set/tone that it is a Line 6 amp. The brief hesitation and the contorted look on their face is priceless!

So I march my amp through the door and there is a gear nerd who works in the shop see the amp and says "Nice Bogner!" to which I replied "Best power amp on the planet!" We exchanged more accolades about Bogner and other Bogner type amps. We connected! Clearly in his mind I was "Cool" because...well, you know...I play a Bogner!

The tech want to know the issue and I ask him to get a guitar so he can hear first hand what I hear. While he is fetching a Les Paul, I fire up the DT, switch it to II (cause that is where the "windy" frequency is most pronounced) The tech comes back and fires it up. "That's Bogner all right! Listen to that bite!" "Great amp!" I'm crying with laughter inside!

As the amp warms up, now the noise starts to kick in. The tech looks behind the amp and you can start to see the confusion on his face. I have black tape over the Line 6 logo on the back of the amp. He is looking at all theses connections and stuff not usually found on Bogner amps. I'm sure he sees the "Power amp by Bogner" The two different celestians. His little furrowed brow looks up at me and he asks. "This is a Bogner?" I replied "It's a Line 6 amp the power amp was designed by Bogner. Best power amp on the planet!"

This dude did a 180 that would make a politician jealous! He went from "Now THAT'S a Bogner!" to "....well, you know, It felt like something was missing!" and "...I thought that maybe it was bad tubes that made it sound thin. But its a Line 6 so......"

In that moment, I was no longer "Cool". I was a fool who has a Line 6 amp. With all the cheap Chinese components and digital this and crappy that. He tells me..."These amps are so cheap that the fix may be more than the cost of the amp. How much did you pay for it? $300, $400? The fix may cost $200!

All I could think about in that moment was, "thank God you are not the one who is going to fix my amp!"

I told the gear nerd that once I got the estimate of repair, I would make a decision whether to cross that bridge or not.

Moral of the story....?

Your ears don't lie! You like what you like! But preconceived thought processes can tell some whoppers!!

This gear nerd was totally "in" when it was a Bogner and then totally "out" when it became Line 6 and couldn't bring himself to be open to possibility that this was a great sounding amp from Line 6!

Ever been inside a Hyundai Genesis? It rivals a Mercedes all day long in fit and finish. But people would rather go broke just to say that they drive a Mercedes even thought the Hyundai is just as nice and in some cases nicer and has a warrantee that lasts for the life of the car, the life of you, the life of your kids and grandkids! 

Everyone Hates line 6! Except us! The proud Genesis people! I am in good company!

• Upvote 6

:)  Good read and too True.  hmmm. Maybe after my warranty runs out (like 3 more months) I take the Line6 logo off my DT, just to see the response, thought about putting a custom grill with my band logo on it anway.

Great post. I ran into something like that a month ago. I like the old ESP H series guitars, nothing fancy but I love the necks and usually shove something with names like Duncan or Dimarzio in them. To me sound the sound is what I like but after a set it was suprising to get ragged on for having a POS when I should have been using the Ernie Ball MM I had behind me. Different story when I said "no its the old beater OLP for emergency".

I took the logo off the Tech 21 PE 60 and things were good till I mentioned well there are no tubes in it. Ugh..... At least in my case they were drunk :)

-B

• Upvote 1

I used to get aggravated by people like that...now I pity them, because everything they think they "know" came from some ad exec's desk, or someone else's opinion that they liked the sound of. All they can do is regurgitate sound-bites that jive with their pre-conceived notions of reality.

I experience the same thing all the time with guys who refuse to ride anything but Harleys, or Harley inspired customs...a while back when the Suzuki M109's first hit the streets, nobody knew what they were. Rather distinctive looking cruisers...I de-badged mine, just cause I like a clean look. Got asked quesitons about it quite often...same story...It was a "Great looking ride, man" when they thought it was a one-off custom build. The minute you tell 'em it's a Suzuki...all of a sudden it's a piece of crap. Meanwhile, bone-stock there are 105 horses at the wheel, that will embarrass most stock bikes in that class. And I could have had two of them in the garage for the price of one similarly sized HD.

Sad to go through life that way...oh, well. May they enjoy 100 years of basking in their faux-elitism. I'll pass...

• Upvote 1

Lol...by far the most ridiculous ape-hangers I've seen. All that bike is missing is a suicide clutch!!!

I would give "props" to that dude if he could rid that thing with a suicide clutch! That would take some serious commitment. And I got respect for that level of commitment!

I took my DT50 to the local repair guru to finally get an answer to my "windy" low frequency noise that comes out of my amp when I play certain notes on my guitar. Strangest of all is the noise started right after it was returned to me from Line 6 who fixed the dying amp issue I had. And of course, now it's out of warrantee. Go figure!

Funny story "T", glad you shared that and I hope you get yours fixed properly. I love the way the DT50 sounds.

Your not boosting the confidence I'm trying to maintain for my DT50, lol. I've had to send it back to Line 6 twice. First time I wasn't sure what was going on so I did the research and properly put tubes in it, Then it died shortly after that. No blown fuses that I could replace so I sent it to them. When it came back I had 12 hours on it when the same thing happened. So it went back and that's where it is now. I don't even gig with this amp. I wanted to make sure I could trust it first, lol. I laugh but I'm crying in the same breath.

The first time I was going to try to take it to an "authorized" service center but when I tried that there were issues. One was out of business and the others where far away. I called Line 6 about my service center choices and the man just said 'No one's going to be able to fix it." , lol. Apparently, this amp is too complicated for the average service center. I suppose I should become an "Adaptive Amp" service tech as I might become a commodity in the near future.

I really hope Line 6 can fix me up and get this amp working properly, I love the way it sounds and so does everyone who hears it. Amaxzing Amp, I just need it last.

Funny story "T", glad you shared that and I hope you get yours fixed properly. I love the way the DT50 sounds.

Your not boosting the confidence I'm trying to maintain for my DT50, lol. I've had to send it back to Line 6 twice. First time I wasn't sure what was going on so I did the research and properly put tubes in it, Then it died shortly after that. No blown fuses that I could replace so I sent it to them. When it came back I had 12 hours on it when the same thing happened. So it went back and that's where it is now. I don't even gig with this amp. I wanted to make sure I could trust it first, lol. I laugh but I'm crying in the same breath.

The first time I was going to try to take it to an "authorized" service center but when I tried that there were issues. One was out of business and the others where far away. I called Line 6 about my service center choices and the man just said 'No one's going to be able to fix it." , lol. Apparently, this amp is too complicated for the average service center. I suppose I should become an "Adaptive Amp" service tech as I might become a commodity in the near future.

I really hope Line 6 can fix me up and get this amp working properly, I love the way it sounds and so do everyone that hears it. Amaxzing Amp, I just need it last.

That just breaks my heart to hear B! I am in the same boat. My DT50 sounds fantastic! Reliability is a real issue. We are not alone. There are many who have the same reliability issue. And yet Digital Igloo and others who chime in on many issues on this forum are silent on this one. I don't mean to jump on DI, his was the first name that came to me. He/She has always been very helpful. But really Line 6, you have no light to shed on the few of us who have the same complaint about the reliability of our equipment? Our numbers may be small in comparison to the any who experience no issues with their amps. But the fact that those who are struggling are struggling with the exact same issues means that there is a there there. A "there" that deserves at least some lip service! 

Why are there errant "Pops". Why does the amp die for so many? Why the weird digital noise? We are not making this stuff up. We are not haters. We love our gear save for this one issue....Reliability. And yet the good folks at Line 6 have absolutely NO insight share, no experience to share? I mean I have actually spoken to Line 6 tech employees who have said to me..."Pops? I've never heard of that happening. That's unusual." 

Are you serious?!?!

My DT50 is in the shop again after 2 years of ownership. My DT25 has digital fizz that I can't explain but I can't send it in just yet cause I have gigs to do. When my DT50 comes back, I'll send my DT25 in. I also had to send in my L2M because of a known rattle. 

I am a fan 'cause when it is firing on all cylinders, it sounds amazing. Just don't tell us B.S. Line 6 HAS to have an idea why some of us are experiencing what we are experiencing. To tell us ..."I don't know why that's happening to your amp. Never heard of that issue. Send it in" is a bit insulting.

And yet I still remain a fan.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyway, I am not much for advertising on anything that I purchase, so I removed the Line 6 logo from the front of the amp. Also its fun to tell other gear nerds who compliment my set/tone that it is a Line 6 amp. The brief hesitation and the contorted look on their face is priceless!

So I march my amp through the door and there is a gear nerd who works in the shop see the amp and says "Nice Bogner!" to which I replied "Best power amp on the planet!" We exchanged more accolades about Bogner and other Bogner type amps. We connected! Clearly in his mind I was "Cool" because...well, you know...I play a Bogner!

The tech want to know the issue and I ask him to get a guitar so he can hear first hand what I hear. While he is fetching a Les Paul, I fire up the DT, switch it to II (cause that is where the "windy" frequency is most pronounced) The tech comes back and fires it up. "That's Bogner all right! Listen to that bite!" "Great amp!" I'm crying with laughter inside!

As the amp warms up, now the noise starts to kick in. The tech looks behind the amp and you can start to see the confusion on his face. I have black tape over the Line 6 logo on the back of the amp. He is looking at all theses connections and stuff not usually found on Bogner amps. I'm sure he sees the "Power amp by Bogner" The two different celestians. His little furrowed brow looks up at me and he asks. "This is a Bogner?" I replied "It's a Line 6 amp the power amp was designed by Bogner. Best power amp on the planet!"

This dude did a 180 that would make a politician jealous! He went from "Now THAT'S a Bogner!" to "....well, you know, It felt like something was missing!" and "...I thought that maybe it was bad tubes that made it sound thin. But its a Line 6 so......"

In that moment, I was no longer "Cool". I was a fool who has a Line 6 amp. With all the cheap Chinese components and digital this and crappy that. He tells me..."These amps are so cheap that the fix may be more than the cost of the amp. How much did you pay for it? $300, $400? The fix may cost $200!

All I could think about in that moment was, "thank God you are not the one who is going to fix my amp!"

I told the gear nerd that once I got the estimate of repair, I would make a decision whether to cross that bridge or not.

Moral of the story....?

Your ears don't lie! You like what you like! But preconceived thought processes can tell some whoppers!!

This gear nerd was totally "in" when it was a Bogner and then totally "out" when it became Line 6 and couldn't bring himself to be open to possibility that this was a great sounding amp from Line 6!

Ever been inside a Hyundai Genesis? It rivals a Mercedes all day long in fit and finish. But people would rather go broke just to say that they drive a Mercedes even thought the Hyundai is just as nice and in some cases nicer and has a warrantee that lasts for the life of the car, the life of you, the life of your kids and grandkids! 

Everyone Hates line 6! Except us! The proud Genesis people! I am in good company!

What a great story! I loved it Tboneous. I have a friend who hates line 6, because they are cheap.

His 3,000 dollar tube amp is obviously far superior, I Lol...(All the way to the bank)

Got my DT50 back from repair and it sounds fantastic! 'Member how I mentioned that I sent my DT50 to Line 6 in Calabasas because the amp would just die for no reason? This is what Line 6 told me:

"Looks like the tubes were going bad. Normally there's just a 90-day warranty on the tubes, however we replaced the preamp and power tubes on your amp and rebiased them."

Nice going Line 6! That's customer service! 

Also, 'member I mentioned that when I got my amp back from Line 6 that the amp now stays on, but now was this "windy" frequency noise through the speakers? This is why I took my amp to my local amp Guru who employs the pro Bogner gear nerd.

I stopped by the Guru shop to play with some tube Delay boxes that he builds. My Guru comes out from the back and asks "Did you try to calibrate the bias voltage yourself? 'Cause you could kill yourself if you don't know what you are doing." I neither confirmed or denied that I ever tried to re bias my amp. Nor did I tell him that it was the Line 6 repair team in Calabasas who last touched the tubes. I asked, "was it close to being done correctly?" 

His reply....."No! It's all F'ed up!" Then he showed me 3 loose/bad solder contacts on the main board and a couple of other easy fix items.

Watchu guys doin' down there in the Calabasas fix it shop?

I stopped by the Guru shop to play with some tube Delay boxes that he builds. My Guru comes out from the back and asks "Did you try to calibrate the bias voltage yourself? 'Cause you could kill yourself if you don't know what you are doing." I neither confirmed or denied that I ever tried to re bias my amp. Nor did I tell him that it was the Line 6 repair team in Calabasas who last touched the tubes. I asked, "was it close to being done correctly?" 

His reply....."No! It's all F'ed up!" Then he showed me 3 loose/bad solder contacts on the main board and a couple of other easy fix items.

Watchu guys doin' down there in the Calabasas fix it shop?

I get my DT50 back in 2 days. Can't wait to warm it up and make it sing, So your saying it's fixed now? and it needed more work after you got a second opinion? Who is your Gu Ru? :)

I get my DT50 back in 2 days. Can't wait to warm it up and make it sing, So your saying it's fixed now? and it needed more work after you got a second opinion? Who is your Gu Ru? :)

My Guru fixed the fix that Line 6 "fixed".

What's REALLY funny is, that you LOVE something that has proven to be so UN-reliable ?? :( Been through the same dance myself with the DT series amps. Went FRFR and then had the death rattle from one of my L3t that also had to go back. Got it exchanged through Sweetwater thank God..............

Add the fact that Line6 can't seem to repair their own stuff :wacko:, and one can understand the bad rep

that gets stuck on their products.

It's really a shame, cause when it works, it sounds awesome, but the frustration :angry: is a bitter pill to swallow, as noted users posting here. Glad mine is working for now but am keeping my fingers crossed.

Axe Murder Inc

jtv-59

hd-500x

2@Lt3's

• Upvote 1

What's REALLY funny is, that you LOVE something that has proven to be so UN-reliable ?? :( Been through the same dance myself with the DT series amps. Went FRFR and then had the death rattle from one of my L3t that also had to go back. Got it exchanged through Sweetwater thank God..............

Add the fact that Line6 can't seem to repair their own stuff :wacko:, and one can understand the bad rep

It's really a shame, cause when it works, it sounds awesome, but the frustration :angry: is a bitter pill to swallow, as noted users posting here. Glad mine is working for now but am keeping my fingers crossed.

Axe Murder Inc

jtv-59

hd-500x

2@Lt3's

Who you tellin'!?!?! You are preachin' the gospel truth! "When it works, It sounds awesome!" And yet so many of us struggle to keep this stuff working! At the same time many of us have no struggle at all. Which is even more frustrating!

On the phone with my amp Guru, I explained what my problem was and that it was a Line 6 amp. His initial response was something like "Oh yeah, Line 6...We get a lot of those...." and "how much did you spend on it? The repair might be more than your amp is worth." Disheartening to say the least. After the repair, aside from telling me whoever it was that "serviced" my amp last had their head stuck in some orifice, he went on to say that it was the best made and sounding line 6 amp he has ever worked on. Nothing like what he was expecting.

So what the hell does that mean? 

To me, it signals that there is a "there" there! That this attempt at high end quality for Line 6 is close. It ain't perfect by any stretch but this is beyond the poorly made bedroom jammer gear that Line 6 is known for. The fact that Digital Igloo (sorry bro, you are the one most often read on this here forum. Nothing personal) and others in the know, in the mix, on the inside, employees, have absolutely NOTHING to say about reliability is maddening! The fact that those Uber Line 6 forum Gurus have nothing to add other than "Oh, that problem you are having sounds sucky....Better open a support ticket..." is maddening! It's like they all deny that this is a real issue that deserves attention because they personally have not had a bad experience. (or at least they are not willing to share that bad experience!) We are either the most unlucky bunch of Line 6 owners who experience the same exact bad luck or we are all making up the same exact issues and have chosen to whine about them here on this forum. Neither of those make any sense.

I am not afraid to call all of them onto the carpet when it comes to the intermittent workability of this Flagship gear! With that said....When it is working, I have never played a more versatile rig in my life! And because of that, I am not afraid to sing its praises! 

An interesting place to be indeed!

• Upvote 2

Who you tellin'!?!?! You are preachin' the gospel truth! "When it works, It sounds awesome!" And yet so many of us struggle to keep this stuff working! At the same time many of us have no struggle at all. Which is even more frustrating!

On the phone with my amp Guru, I explained what my problem was and that it was a Line 6 amp. His initial response was something like "Oh yeah, Line 6...We get a lot of those...." and "how much did you spend on it? The repair might be more than your amp is worth." Disheartening to say the least. After the repair, aside from telling me whoever it was that "serviced" my amp last had their head stuck in some orifice, he went on to say that it was the best made and sounding line 6 amp he has ever worked on. Nothing like what he was expecting.

So what the hell does that mean? 

To me, it signals that there is a "there" there! That this attempt at high end quality for Line 6 is close. It ain't perfect by any stretch but this is beyond the poorly made bedroom jammer gear that Line 6 is known for. The fact that Digital Igloo (sorry bro, you are the one most often read on this here forum. Nothing personal) and others in the know, in the mix, on the inside, employees, have absolutely NOTHING to say about reliability is maddening! The fact that those Uber Line 6 forum Gurus have nothing to add other than "Oh, that problem you are having sounds sucky....Better open a support ticket..." is maddening! It's like they all deny that this is a real issue that deserves attention because they personally have not had a bad experience. (or at least they are not willing to share that bad experience!) We are either the most unlucky bunch of Line 6 owners who experience the same exact bad luck or we are all making up the same exact issues and have chosen to whine about them here on this forum. Neither of those make any sense.

I am not afraid to call all of them onto the carpet when it comes to the intermittent workability of this Flagship gear! With that said....When it is working, I have never played a more versatile rig in my life! And because of that, I am not afraid to sing its praises! 

An interesting place to be indeed!

Axe Murder Inc

jtv-59

hd-500x

2@Lt3's

I had same problem with my L2T...it's now been "fixed" twice. First time at a local "authorized service center", a phrase that I find difficult to say out loud without laughing and/or choking. 2nd time it went back to the mothership, and so far seems to be OK. Time will tell...but honestly, as great as it sounds, and as convenient a package it is in terms of weight and haul-ability for a spine that isn't 25 years old anymore, if it starts rattling again, I will eat the expense and go with one of the other FRFR options out there. Not going through repairing the same unit multiple times, that's just ridiculous, and involves way  too much down-time. For the first 3 months of ownership, the thing was only in my possession for about 3 weeks...the rest of the time it was either in transit, or sitting on a shelf waiting to be repaired.

Ironically, the only reason I went with this thing in the first place, was because I like the idea of the different operating modes (electric, acoustic, PA, etc...). Yet now with the global EQ not functioning via L6 Link, it's a moot point anyway, as I am running it with the 1/4" outs from the POD...could have went with a less costly option, and saved myself a lot of trouble. Hindsight is always 20/20... :wacko:

• Upvote 2

I had same problem with my L2T...it's now been "fixed" twice. First time at a local "authorized service center", a phrase that I find difficult to say out loud without laughing and/or choking. 2nd time it went back to the mothership, and so far seems to be OK. Time will tell...but honestly, as great as it sounds, and as convenient a package it is in terms of weight and haul-ability for a spine that isn't 25 years old anymore, if it starts rattling again, I will eat the expense and go with one of the other FRFR options out there. Not going through repairing the same unit multiple times, that's just ridiculous, and involves way  too much down-time. For the first 3 months of ownership, the thing was only in my possession for about 3 weeks...the rest of the time it was either in transit, or sitting on a shelf waiting to be repaired.

Ironically, the only reason I went with this thing in the first place, was because I like the idea of the different operating modes (electric, acoustic, PA, etc...). Yet now with the global EQ not functioning via L6 Link, it's a moot point anyway, as I am running it with the 1/4" outs from the POD...could have went with a less costly option, and saved myself a lot of trouble. Hindsight is always 20/20... :wacko:

I started out with my 59 a little over 3 years ago and at first just plugged it into my old set-up. I didn't think that worked very well with the modeling, the acoustic's were terrible, but the drop tuning worked great, so I took the plunge toward " The Dream Rig". To make a long story short, I went through both a DT- 25&DT-50 combo amp, neither worked out for all the reasons we know. Now going FRFR with 2@ LT3's, the pod, the M20 and a Peavey monitor it all seems to have come together finally. The only problem was with one of the LT3's and that's all good for now. I'm not sure if I was to stubborn or just to stupid to quit on this set-up, but the end results were worth it. Been trouble free for about 18 months and I use it all the time. Get a lot of comments on how good it sounds too. However, if it starts crapping out again I'll have to take a long hard look at my commitment with it. Just the cost of shipping it around makes it unreasonable to keep getting it fixed.

The only thing I'm working on now is to get a good slide set-up to work with the Strat modeling. It's been interesting to say the least. Damn Piezo's

Axe Murder Inc

I agree! My DT50 sounds great now! Shouldn't have take as many trips to the repair shop as it has. My DT 25 is still under warrantee and will be sent soon. When you add the cost of shipping, this junk gets expensive. 

Maybe its the remnants of old school in me but the FRFR just doesn't sound good to me. I know a lot of people swear by it!

So long as my DT's work, I'm sticking to them. It would take a GREAT deal of convincing for me to want to invest in the new DT50X or whatever Line 6 chooses to call it's upgraded DT50.

I agree! My DT50 sounds great now! Shouldn't have take as many trips to the repair shop as it has. My DT 25 is still under warrantee and will be sent soon. When you add the cost of shipping, this junk gets expensive. 

Maybe its the remnants of old school in me but the FRFR just doesn't sound good to me. I know a lot of people swear by it!

So long as my DT's work, I'm sticking to them. It would take a GREAT deal of convincing for me to want to invest in the new DT50X or whatever Line 6 chooses to call it's upgraded DT50.

I think the main reason they like the FRFR is cause they ok and do the job without much maintenance. The DT50 sound Kicks A**!

I think the main reason they like the FRFR is cause they ok and do the job without much maintenance. The DT50 sound Kicks A**!

That, plus it's more versatile. I can break it down for solo work, acoustic, small venue stuff. Add a speaker for 2 or 3 person groups or medium size venues or use the Lt3's for P.A. alone. Mike one up for harmonica or vocals. 2 Lt3's are PRETTY loud and were more than enough for outdoor use onstage at the county fair with a full 5 member band. I play 4-5 times a week and this seemed to work out best for the varied situations-settings I'm in. Heck, I even play at the farmers market just to get free produce !

Nothing is perfect, just the best all round compromise I could come up with that works for me.

But then again,I'm sure not getting rid of my good old gear anytime soon.

Kylling It

• Upvote 1

That, plus it's more versatile. I can break it down for solo work, acoustic, small venue stuff. Add a speaker for 2 or 3 person groups or medium size venues or use the Lt3's for P.A. alone. Mike one up for harmonica or vocals. 2 Lt3's are PRETTY loud and were more than enough for outdoor use onstage at the county fair with a full 5 member band. I play 4-5 times a week and this seemed to work out best for the varied situations-settings I'm in. Heck, I even play at the farmers market just to get free produce !

Nothing is perfect, just the best all round compromise I could come up with that works for me.

Kylling It

Of course you like the FRFR just like you like this ridiculous font that no one over 40 can read without tearing the house apart looking for the glasses they need to help them find their readers! Here Hee! Just funnin!

The Pod modeling is good, but it ain't THAT good! I'll take sound quality over convienance any day of the week.

• Upvote 2

Kylling It

Looks like your making it work and that's all that really counts. Good Going Guitarkyler!

Of course you like the FRFR just like you like this ridiculous font that no one over 40 can read without tearing the house apart looking for the glasses they need to help them find their readers! Here Hee! Just funnin!

The Pod modeling is good, but it ain't THAT good! I'll take sound quality over convienance any day of the week.

I hear ya on the font thing, lol. I made the mistake of using one on my profile that when read on an iPhone or iPad it looks like some heavy duty cursive writing, lol.

• Upvote 1

Looks like your making it work and that's all that really counts. Good Going Guitarkyler!

I hear ya on the font thing, lol. I made the mistake of using one on my profile that when read on an iPhone or iPad it looks like some heavy duty cursive writing, lol.

LMFAO !

I'll use the big block letters for you guys from now on...........

Can you read me now ????

Kylling It

LMFAO !

I'll use the big block letters for you guys from now on...........

Can you read me now ????

Kylling It

That's Perfect!!!!

LOL

to make matters worse (jeez, I can hardly see what I'm typing), try reading this forum on a 1440p or, better yet a 4k, monitor on windows 7 with DPI scaling that sucks and the browser set at 100% zoom.

What was that? hehehe

to make matters worse (jeez, I can hardly see what I'm typing), try reading this forum on a 1440p or, better yet a 4k, monitor on windows 7 with DPI scaling that sucks and the browser set at 100% zoom.

I bet this is funny! Where the hell did I put my readers?!?