Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to remove a controller in the bottom strip?

Hi,

About two years ago people here helped me create a controller to switch all the FXs off/on with the touch of a soft button.  I don't need this controller any more but I cannot find how to delete it.  Can you help me?  Thank you.

Cheers

Perhaps if you could screen shot the various screens we can possibly get a handle on what the controller is and thus find a solution. At present though your description doesn't give us anything to go on. The only obvious idea I had was that it was a group controller but from what you've said it isn't beige/brown in colour so can't be a group controller.

Screens from each of Setup, Tweak and Perform might help isolate what it is. Similarly and sub-screens that you can access for it.

So, it is indeed a group controller.

The hardware rotary knob will be coloured red/pink and the stage tab is beige. The "icon" for the knob confusingly shows green on the perform screen but the hardware knob will be red/pink!

If I recall correctly:

To CREATE a group encoder;

In SETUP screen, double click the hardware rotary knob corresponding to an empty slot (in your screen grabs you have the bottom right slot empty.)

Select which of the FX channels and input channels you wish to assign to the group.

Name the group (if required)

Click OK to save.

To ALTER a group encoder

In SETUP screen, double click the hardware rotary knob corresponding to the group encoder you wish to edit (top right in your screen grab)

Add or remove inputs by selecting/deselecting in the popup.

Click OK to save changes

To DELETE a group encoder

In SETUP screen, double click the hardware rotary knob corresponding to the group encoder you wish to delete (top right in your screen grab)

Click "Delete group encoder"

Input channels and FX channels can be added to one or more group encoders allowing a quick single "mute" or volume adjust of all the members of the group.

It doesn't have any background color, so it's transparent. The brown you see is the color from the image of the floor behind the controller.

Hi Rick... I have my "stage" as the black background and a group controller is definitely "beige" but I can see why you would think it transparent..

It's on page 2.13 of the manual but it only describes creating the encoder. I guess we're supposed to play about to discover how to edit/remove!

It is also mention on 10.18 but again only in regards to creating the encoder.