Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Where's the Off button on the POD HD500X?

ofirdr78

I don't want or need a power switch that could get bumped into the off position in the middle of a song. I already secure the power connector so that doesn't happen. The switch would be of more use to people that don't gig with them, for many of us that gig with these things the missing power switch can be seen as a useful feature.

-Max

• Upvote 1

I don't want or need a power switch that could get bumped into the off position in the middle of a song. I already secure the power connector so that doesn't happen. The switch would be of more use to people that don't gig with them, for many of us that gig with these things the missing power switch can be seen as a useful feature.

-Max

How about a recessed power switch, along with a recessed power jack and usb jack with built in strain relief.

Aren't you using a power supply for surge protection? 

They have power buttons. 

Oddly enough, I was just dismantling some more of my old rack system.

The tuner had a power button. The distortion unit had a power button. But everything else was 'always on', and dependent on the power strip.

Now, if you want to talk about redesigning the system... 

wouldn't it make sense to have the guitar input in the front or maybe the left side? When I am wired (and out of the crate), it keeps coming around and gets caught under the expression pedal. A front or left input may help. 

Hahaha.  Right!  I had to read the manual three times - I couldn't bring my self to believe there wasn't a power switch!  :-)  Maybe it was left off on purpose to avoid accidental shut off with foot?  I guess a little power switch/strip does the job and is easier to replace if it wears out.

Note:  The FX-100 does have a power switch, and I really enjoy using it as it's plugged into a shared power supply.

• Upvote 1

None of my Delta Labs pieces have power switches...Supertimeline and Effectrons....My ADA MP-1 does have a power switch and it's modifed to be always on....power switches on foot controllers are not the best idea IMHO....None of my BOSS pedals have power switches....So where to draw the line...I would not think one would want a power switch on a 9VDC pedal....Especially when you integrate into a larger board...That's when we modify anything that has a power switch...

None of my Delta Labs pieces have power switches...Supertimeline and Effectrons....My ADA MP-1 does have a power switch and it's modifed to be always on....power switches on foot controllers are not the best idea IMHO....None of my BOSS pedals have power switches....So where to draw the line...I would not think one would want a power switch on a 9VDC pedal....Especially when you integrate into a larger board...That's when we modify anything that has a power switch...

Oddly enough, the M13 actually does have a power switch. I never turned mine off, though. When it was on my pedalboard, I just had it plugged into my board supply, so it came on with everything else.

I don't miss the power switch at all although I thought it was weird when I first took it out of the box and hooked it up.

I always plug expensive electronics into a quality powerbar as an added level of protection for them.

Luckly, the only time the power button on the bar gets turned off accidentally is when I am home practicing...somehow my cat had figured that if she steps on the button the awful racket magically stops...my cat is more of a smooth Jazz fan than a blues fan!   

Come on.. it's not that expensive to add a on/off button.

To an existing product? That's actually very expensive.

To every* Line 6 product going forward, because we learned our lesson? That's easy.  :)

*Unless there's a very good reason not to

• Upvote 2

come on guys, less than 5 bucks for a power strip with a switch.  Problem solved.

Yep, that's what I do. Now that I use a power strip to turn it on and off, my only gripe is that the laptop style power connector seems like it could wear out or that the pin could break from having to unplug it so much when traveling with it, so I wish it had a standard PC type power connector, or at least something a little stronger than what it does have.

I bought something like this:

http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/7598316/Tripp-Lite-Power-It-Power-Strip-with-4-Outlets-and-10-ft.-Cord-7fef77c9-23ef-42ba-ba40-63fe62266529_600.jpg

it's a 3 x socket multiplier with on/off button. 

what i dont like about it, is that i plug the multiplier to another multiplier (where the amp and computer are plugged in also)...