Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500 Remove Lopper from patch

argusvidicon

I know this will drive you all nuts, but I would like to remove the looper from some patches.  I use footswitch 4 to boost solos and add a touch of delay.  Sometimes I accidentally hit the looper switch.  So I'd like to remove the looper.  I don't suppose it can be done.  I don't want to move my function to another switch, Switch 1 is too close to the metal bar, switch 2 and 3 are being used, and switches 5-8 are different patches.  I used to the EXP PED before to have the volume boost and touch of delay, but I like using the footswitch better.  I wish I didn't have to go back to using the pedal.

Thanks for the quick reply silverhead. Darn, I knew it.  I use the HD500 live without any amp models on the loop of a Marshal DSL100H.  Simply Modulation FX and Delay.  Sometimes Pitchshift.  Maybe an EQ here and there.  Wish there was an auto Wah, but there's none of that either.  I've found and created a workaround for the auto Wah, but it stinks.  I tend to click a lot of switches when playing live, of course while stumbling around the stage.  Swiftly making my way back to the pedal to engage or disengage the said solo boost. It not always convenient to be careful not to accidentally smash the looper switch along with switch #4.  I'll see how I feel about using Switch #1.  FYI : it's tricky to get the switch to do what I want, so I don't look forward to moving the location of the function.

What I've got is LED off, volume pedal engaged at lower than 100%, Delay off, then switch to LED on whereas the delay kicks in and the Volume pedal kicks out (back to 100%).

The hassle is getting the LED to be on when the Volume is off and Delay is on.  It's tricky and includes having the Volume pedal assigned to EXP#1 then saving the patch while EXP#2 in engaged.  Even that was a quirky explanation.  But once I get it setup I don't enjoy fooling with it.  I just copy the patch to another location and build a new one from there with perhaps a different delay setting or volume level change.  Even those adjustments require switching to the opposite EXP to make the value changes, along with unassigning the FX from the EXP temporally and making the value change in the FX tab.  Then reassign the FX to the EXP.  Even though none of the functions are controlled by using the pedal to switch between the 2 EXPs.  Now that just sounded confusing even to me.  

@TheRealZap,  Hey WoW!  I gotta try that ASAP.  Thanks, I bet that will do it.  The only thing is I might need to remove the elastic or rubber band, because I sometimes use the looper for sound check, because I'm also unfortunately the audio engineer.  And of course I like to make sure I sound good too.  The Chapstick lid or some plastic cover that fits method sounds like a usable answer.  This is what the forums are for, thank you everyone very much.

Wish there was an auto Wah, but there's none of that either.  I've found and created a workaround for the auto Wah, but it stinks.

The closest stand alone effect for an auto wah would be the tron up or tron down.

Curious about what your workaround for an auto wah is?

Yes duncann, Tron is what I use.  If I were using auto Wah on more than only one song I'd just get a $25 Behringer Ultra Wah UW300, and put on the FX loop of the HD500 and assign it to one of the switches.  The only reason I'm not using one of the many great Wah Wah FX and expression pedal in the Hd500 is because of the song and the Wah effect placement within the song.  Some sort of auto wah is more convenient because, the solo switches from rhythm to a volume boost with pitchshift then to wah wah right n the middle of it, and immediately back to rhythm.  Grand Funk - American Band
If I use more than one foot to pedal and switch FX I'm might fall down.

Other than that I don't use a Wah Wah on anything else.  For awhile I was using my Digitech RP360XP instead of the POD HD500 on the loop of the Marshall DSL100H.

That had a super satisfactory auto wah.  It's a wonderful piece of gear, but it's not a Line 6 POD HD500.  I mentioned here that I'm not using the amp models and simply using FX that are suited for the loop on a guitar amp.  Dozens of stompboxes would still not be as satisfactory to me as the POD HD500.  I need a second one for home and then use the amp models.  But I have a Blackstar HT-5R, an older Peavey Vyper 30, and my killer Marshall DSL 5C at home, so I still don't use a lot of amp modeling.

I do however use the POD HD500 to it's full potential with my DAW and USB inter phase.  The RP360XP is also sweet with the DAW, but again it's not a Line 6 POD HD500.  I could upload the patch I use for that cover song to dropbox for you, but I wouldn't think it would do you any good in it's current form, unless you added your amp model into the existing patch.  But like I said it stinks.

Yes duncann, Tron is what I use.  If I were using auto Wah on more than only one song I'd just get a $25 Behringer Ultra Wah UW300, and put on the FX loop of the HD500 and assign it to one of the switches.  The only reason I'm not using one of the many great Wah Wah FX and expression pedal in the Hd500 is because of the song and the Wah effect placement within the song.  Some sort of auto wah is more convenient because, the solo switches from rhythm to a volume boost with pitchshift then to wah wah right n the middle of it, and immediately back to rhythm.  Grand Funk - American Band

If I use more than one foot to pedal and switch FX I'm might fall down.

LOL. Did you ever consider using a usb-to-midi from a laptop to the pod during live performance? Only problem with that would be timing it exactly when the live performace starts.

I could upload the patch I use for that cover song to dropbox for you, but I wouldn't think it would do you any good in it's current form, unless you added your amp model into the existing patch.  But like I said it stinks.

Zip the file and post it as an attachment to a reply if you want. Can never hurt to see how other people use their pods; an opportunity to learn something.

I wrote a song called Radiative Embrace that uses the tron up (effect kicks in around 1:20). Don't know how it compares to other real auto-wahs, as I've never played through anything other. I definitely like the effect though, had a lot of fun with it. I'd say the effect is far from stinky. :lol:  If you want the patch I can post it here, but it's for an hd500x that likely won't work on an hd500 as it doesn't have enough dsp.

Radiative Embrace, very very nice.  Funny I got the 7VWH in 93 when it came out Ebony fretboard.  Played in a working band for over 10 years.  The 430 Radius was never for me.  I sold it in 05 for almost what I paid for it.  I should have kept it, I'll never forgive myself.  I got the 70V when it came out, because of the 400 radius similar to my two '09 Black RG370DX (I like 'em).  I'll be getting a second 70V soon. It simply works perfect for me.  Thought about getting a Premium neck for one of the RG370DX, but I'll just get a second 70V.  I'm afraid to upload the patch now, because what I've saved at home isn't probably the most recent tone saved.  I have to run to the rehearsal building and I'll zip up a few that I use for you, then repost in a few hours.  They're patches for crummy cover tunes.  I've been playing covers since '78, it's my dream LoL!  I love playing clubs for people that like to watch cover bands, it's been almost 40 years.  I like originals, but not mine.

If I was to do a USB to MIDI setup I might need two people to accomplish my guitar parts.  Now that's an idea, maybe even someone better than me. I could run the LapTop.

Remember I will remove the amp models on the patch you're considering to share with me, so the DPS will calm down plenty.  I think I just need to change the file extension and load it up.  You'll need to do a similar action HD500>HD500X.  Thanks Line 6.  Many of us HD500 owner will eventually purchase a 500X, and moving the patches requires a bunch of mumbo jumbo.

Used to play in a cover band late 80s, early 90s. Lots of fun.

The 7vwh I have is a '13 model. Really nice guitar. I've always had a preference for Ibanez. Also have an american master, which is very similar to the jem except for it has an aanj neck. I played the 70V not too long ago, and I did really like the 400mm fretboard. Nice and flat, accurate. But I liked the 7v better.

Two patches in the zip file. One of them has the amps removed For the easiest conversion, you can just drag and drop the file into the patch location you want.

radiative.embrace.zip

Thanks for the patches, maybe they make me sound as good as you do on the Existence link.  I'll be listening to the list there in my car for awhile.
I've always played covers, and done it since '78.  I can play plenty well enough for what I choose to do.  I've actually only owned Ibanez Guitars since '76. 
My first 2 guitars were not so good and I wasn't too good either from '72-'75.  The inferior guitars may not have helped.
I got their Les Paul Standard in '76 (they got in trouble for that), I got the Blazer in '82, and the JEM7VWH in 93.  Then in '09 I got a RGD370DX, and again another '09 version about a year ago, still new for $150.(I like 'em), and the 70V about 3 years ago.  Last year I bought the first Non-Ibanez Guitar I ever actually owned.
I missed my Ibanez Les Paul and they don't dare make another one like that, so I got an EPI Les Paul Custom, Black.

The amount of Tones I've zipped should be overwhelming.  For awhile I used the 4C method.  I ran the green channel of the DSL100H most of the time and placed FX in front of the amp.  I knew it was just silly, and when I woke up I went back to plugging straight into the Marshall DSL100H with some FX on the loop.
The DSL100H sounds good right outa the box, I don't need any OD or Distortion in front of that thing.  We play hard rock and the DSL does the job with help from some V-30's and G12-K100's
I don't have a bandcamp account, probably don't need one, but I sent you my contact in a message to your profile here "Ibanez".  The dropbox link to the zip is in that message.

I don't have all day to figure out how to attach the zip here.