Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

just picked up an mkII 112, how could they discontinue these?

tom18287

I've been trying to simplify my rig for the last year or so. i wanted to do a DT25 with a PODHD, but i just couldnt justify the expense. so a couple weeks ago I bought an almost new spidervalve 112 for $425. what a nice amp. it sounds fantastic. the FX are great. The clean tone I got sounds incredible. How could the ever discontinue these? What a nice package. too bad.

I have a Spider Valve MKI I picked up off Kijiji for cheap and I love it! Most people see the Line 6 name and think amateur...boy are they wrong! I got a handful of Bogner designed amps for a couple hundred bucks! My friends laughed when I told them I was getting one...one by one those laughs turned to shocked expressions as I demoed one amp after the other. 

The effects aren't half bad either!

I originally bought this as a temporary measure until I could afford the DT25. Now I am in no rush to get one and I can wait till I find a good used one!

• 2 weeks later...

The SV's are great littie amps! I still use my 1x12 MKI with an SVPre as my main rig. I had an MKII but I gave it to my son, I think the MKI sounds better. Plus, there was no SVPre for the MKII until now! The MKI has the POD 2.0 amp sounds and the MKII has the old PODxt amp sounds. Now if Line 6 made a new amp with the amp sounds of the MKI, the effects of the MKII and had some kind of tube(s) in the preamp they would have a killer little amp!!!

cgtrox B)

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I've always loved my MKII-112.  I also have the HD100 MKII but I bought the 112 four years ago as a practice amp, but then I rarely used my HD100 half-stack at all because it's so hard to lug around and the 112 has more than enough power for 95% of the gigs I do. 

I have had my 112 act up from time to time. I think Line 6 was never able to resolve the issue of digital circuitry and Vacuum tubes living in the same cabinet for this amp which causes it to go on the blink.  Still, I hate to see this amp was discontinued.