Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Music settings on iOS influenece AmpliFI Remote

Spantik

I had the songs repeating on AmpliFI Remote without the repeat symbol activated and noticed that this was activated under Music of the iOS for my iPad. So now the songs are sequentially played on both!

Yeah, the "music player" in the Amplifi Remote is just using the native Music app.  So if you have repeat set on the native Music app, it's mirrored in Amplifi Remote.

That's also why, if you're playing songs using the Music app, the playback is stopped when you open the Amplifi app.

I find it quite annoying, because the "music player" in Amplifi Remote is poorly implemented.  It's full of bugs in the display (sometimes playlist titles show as a solid white bar among other problems) and sometimes when you click on a song to play it won't actually start the song.  It just goes back to the last song that was played, without actually starting playback.

I also find it annoying that I have to wait for the Remote app to search for tones before I can skip or restart a song.  Even when I have the automatic tone loading turned off.