Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Floorboard turns on edit mode

star-lord

I just bought a used POD Pro with Floorboard.  Everytime I use the effect on/off switches the POD goes into edit mode.  This does not seem right.  The manual says nothing about this.  Is this normal? If not can someone tell me how to correct this.  I prefer not to have to save my preset everytime I use the floorboard.

http://line6.com/legacy/floorboard/

Is this the floorboard you are using? Its been a while since I used the Pro so I may be misunderstanding what you mean by "Edit Mode". Does the unot behave normally but just indicates that a parameter was changed for the patch? Like turning an effect on or off or volume change?

-B

Yes. I am using the Floorboard. When I step on the distortion switch, or reverb, or EQ, etc. the display shows an E for edit on the floorboard and on the POD unit itself. Is this normal or how can I correct it? This is my only concern with the POD.

Cool, I want to say that this is normal as a parameter has been changed. For example say you turned the flanger "on" the unit should show that it was changed hence the "E". This lets you know the change hasn't been saved in case it was something you wanted to keep.

The XT is similar but pops a * in the display.

Sounds like its all good my man!

Bill

You shouldn't have to save everytime you use a footswitch. I believe the edit light only shows that something has changed "chorus on to off" etc while having a patch already selected. If its just changing patches with no other adjustments (vol, fx, etc..) I don't remember the edit light coming on.

Hope that makes sense, sorry if I didn't explain it very well :)

Bill

It makes perfect sense but it still goes to edit everytime I step on an effect.  Good news is, I'm getting in the habit of saving the preset when I change to another preset or amp.  I'll be ok.  Thanks for your input.  Peace.