Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Clean tone sounds great through real amps but is distorted going direct into the DAW (HD500x)

Fuser-Invent

I created a clean tone that sounds very clean when its played through my real amps but when I try to plug my hd500x into my audio interface and DAW the tone is distorted. I understand that all the tones will sound different going to a real amp or going direct in but there is no distortion/overdrive when I hear it through my amps and its very apparent when going direct in for recording. I'm not new to recording but I've always used microphones and never gone direct in from a pedal like this. I tried both the XLR and 1/4" outputs going into a Tascam US-1800 and Adobe Audition and also tried the USB connection, bypassing the Tascam and going into Audition. Does anyone have any idea what's going on or how to use this pedal to go direct in or do I need to mic the amps?