Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500X Front page navigation for 2.6 update

scott93105

The link to the HD500X 2.6 firmware update on the front page seems confusing.  I already have the 500X, that's why I'm clicking on the link to the firmware; I don't want to go the HD500X page where there's no mention at all of the 2.6 firmware update!  Ok - I'm an idiot, I should realize I need to go to Support and then Downloads to get the update.  Great, I'm there!  ...and there's a helpful link to the 2.6 update as it is popular!  Great, I'll click on the link to read more to learn how to apply and get the update--DOH!  I'm back to the HD500X page again - where there's still no mention of the update!  hahaha... OK, like I said, I'm an idiot.  I went back to the downloads page and used the drop downs (as I now realize Line6 intended) and downloaded all the new software pertinent to the firmware update and my operating system.  Problem solved, but am I the only one who thinks this slightly confusing?  Seems like it needs to be a little more 'idiot-proof' to me; at least make the link on the Home page take you to the download page, or add a little blurb about where to go for 2.6 on the HD500X page?  Am I the only one who went in unnecessary circles on this one?  Probablay--doh!  haha

• Upvote 1

I appreciate your replies to my post, but you guys totally missed the point!  haha  read the whole post.  I'm not having a problem with performing the update.  I'm simply saying the link to the 2.6 firmware on the Home page doesn't take you where you want to go.

• Upvote 1

I appreciate your replies to my post, but you guys totally missed the point! haha read the whole post. I'm not having a problem with performing the update. I'm simply saying the link to the 2.6 firmware on the Home page doesn't take you where you want to go.

Fair enough. All we're saying is you don't need the link and if you use the software as directed then it's very easy to do, not really sure why you would choose to make it difficult for yourself. I never even look at the front page of the site to be honest. Never need to.

How stupid people are ? I do have years of experience what comes to computer but this Apple generations is amazing !! All they know is to put finger on the screen and if it wont work they start crying.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I agree with the OP.  The person who put those links together should be shot.  Why do companies continue to make things confusing for people ?  I'm definitely not from the Apple generation and worked in the computer field for a lot of years. 

Oh, I know what happened.  The person who wrote the EQ in Percentage code is now doing the website links.

Wow. Tempest in a tea pot. Glad I'm not a web designer. When did making a link mistake become a capital offence worthy of the death penalty?

Yes - it's confusing and probably a mistake. In the time it took to write this post you could have done something constructive about it, like inform Line 6 of their link error. Why not do it now?

How stupid people are ? I do have years of experience what comes to computer but this Apple generations is amazing !! All they know is to put finger on the screen and if it wont work they start crying.

You're my new best friend. 

That was awesome. 

Sheeeesh, you guys take things so literally...  However this person would not want me to be their boss.  I have a very low tolerance for any type of website or software that does things like that.  I clicked on it a few times thinking the same thing as the OP.  It's a very minor thing but also very amateurish.

btw - I don't come from the Apple generation, have over 35 years in the computer field, and have written code in about every language from Cobal to C++ and most everything in between.

I've asked the same thing about the links in another thread. Maybe I should bill Line 6 for the time wasted trying to find info (like a manual addendum pdf for the 2.6 update that apparently doesn't exist) by having to click on every g****mn link on the site looking for it.

Is it the end of the world, no. However, something as simple as having a 2.6 new feature manual available at time of update release, and linked for right in front of  everyone's faces is just pathetic.

C'mon Line 6.... instead of belittling your customers, you're a big enough company to get stuff like this right in the first place. Not doing so shows a distict lack of professionalism

That's a legit point, but its all relative as well. First world has first world problems in context to those lucky to belong to first world. ;)

I certainly think it should be fixed, but worse things happen at sea! I just find language like 'should be shot' (I know, not literally) and 'belittling' a little over the top. Yes it's worth mentioning. Yes it should be fixed. No, no-one should lose their job over it.

btw - I don't come from the Apple generation, have over 35 years in the computer field, and have written code in about every language from Cobal to C++ and most everything in between.

and your code never has any bug in it?  Most of us just Line 6 Monkey for these. Works great, no website navigation to deal with. Just tells me the update is available and I hit apply and hope I don't lose power in the house or something stupid to ruin my day.

Thank You  Iknowathingortwo

Line 6 Monkey was created for updates to firmware, software, flash, USB driver update, License, I have never had any issues using it with all my updates and purchases. 

Wow!  I love all the activity in this thread.  I wasn't trying to get anybody shot!  (I know you were joking, bra - I have a sense of humor)  I just thought the Home page link, to what seemed like a link to the 2.6 firmware, took you in circles.  So as 1 person pointed out above, my intention with this thread was to simply notify Line6 (with a little humor) that the link seemed kind of wrong to me - but it may be exactly how they intended it.   I meant no more, no less!  I'm sorry some were confused with this post and thought I needed help with the update.  Sorry to cause undo concern!

And thanks to those of you whom also felt the link a little confusing - I appreciate the support!  This is a rough forum (very easy to offend people here if you criticize L6)!

I just have to return to the fact that all of us forked over $500 for our HD.  We are all Line6 supporters here!  I realize criticism of any type can be seen as negative, but that's arguably what a forum is for!  Again, I'm very sorry if I offended Line6, or any of its customers.

OK - rock on everybody.  Enjoy the new model packs.  And keep up the good work, Line6!  Way to get that update out by the deadline, I know you worked your asses off to do so.

are you building a tone? or just looking for new presets (there arent any)

go to the system menu and look for the global EQ (yes on unit not computer)

I can't figure this crap out...it IS confusing. I bought the pack, ran the license manager, ran monkey and updated everything, but I don't have anything new on my pedal! (HD500X)

Hehe, these forums can be a little tuff.  But in the end we give each other a tremendous amount of help.  Even if we do sometimes get a little off topic.

And yes I've had bugs in the code I've written.  I also got yelled at when it was something I should have caught.