Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Metal AMP Pack & Firmware 2.6

Gfer1484

Had no issues with the Firmware update, downloaded and installed the Metal Amp pack, I have noticed all of the previous high gain amp models have been effected, there is more gain, the new amp models sound great, has anyone but me noticed a gain change, my previous tones have changed, they have more gain, even with the global EQ off.

I am running directly into the FX loop of my AMP.  

While A/B ing my go to amps against the new Metal Pack editions I had to cut the channel volumes on most of the new models considerably to match the volume level of the original ones for a proper comparison.  This is using the same cab/mic combos for both.

I have not noticed the gain increase in the stock amps that you have noted but will keep my ears open for that.

Could be my ears playing tricks on me, but I notice a decrease in harshness with certain mics that I experience when running a straight rig with no effects - could possibly be attributed to the global EQ as well.

I do agree that the most new models sound great and have begun the task of swapping amps in my patches and adjusting volume levels accordingly with favorable results.