Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Are there any presets made with the Model Packs Amp models?

cwelling

BUT... 

Would it make sense for them to create a setlist that you can download with your purchase? 

That, of course, assumes that one likes the factory patches. I tend to overwrite them. It is just nice to have examples to hear before you trash them.  

i think that business-wise, it would be smart for L6 to create amazing patch pack for the HD amp mopdels.

people would read about it in forums, and that would encourage more people to buy.

it's not hard IMO. let's say that L6 will pay someone, just for the sake of the argument, $1000 for creating 50 presets.

even if only 10 users will buy the hd amp pack because of the preset pack, L6 got their investment back.

they are smarter than that and let the users do the job fir free.

wonder what will happen if i download a model pack tone from customtone into a not yet updated unit, will it default to a different amp?

might be a good idea to start a new category on customtone.

• Upvote 1

they are smarter than that and let the users do the job fir free.

wonder what will happen if i download a model pack tone from customtone into a not yet updated unit, will it default to a different amp?

might be a good idea to start a new category on customtone.

There are some available. Go try it. 

No, I don't think they need a new section. 

Some details get listed on the tone, so you should be aware before you download it that it uses X-model. 

Plus, from an advertising/business perspective, if you see tones with a 5150 amp, you may be like "wow, I gotta get me one of those" 

unless you have your tones backed up securely, i dont advise to download modelpack tones to old edit and firmware versions.

after a closer look at the patch:

there is an x where the name of the amp usually is in the kcd, and the patch is shown as dual amps on the pod while displaying as single path in edit even after synchronizing and reloading.

They never came out with additional presets (artist or otherwise) since the beginning, so I doubt they would start now. You'd think that a condition of endorsement that an artist should have to contribute, say, 10 patches. Nope, nothin.

Why do you always need prese of someone else!?try to create from zero your own sound. Every single player with his guitar, his pickups, his picks, Style etc sound different from what you want....maybe some kind of sound with ping pong delay volume swell and so on May be useful but nothing more

• Upvote 1

Why do you always need prese of someone else!?try to create from zero your own sound. Every single player with his guitar, his pickups, his picks, Style etc sound different from what you want....maybe some kind of sound with ping pong delay volume swell and so on May be useful but nothing more

Without presets to give examples of what a unit can do, you will never know what a unit can do. 

I think that the majority of people here will agree that its best to write over the factory presets. But we need them to see what fx are available and how you set them to get sound. Not that we are going to keep that sound, but without knowing the initial setup, how would we determine the starting point. 

Think of it this way... 

You own, or at least at one point owned, a Microsft Windows PC, I assume. 

Could you imagine getting it with NO pre-determined settings. Having to set it up from scratch the minute you turned on the machine. 

Screen resolution. Icon size. Sound schemes. Wireless. 

Sure, you immediately changed those things, but had you not known that your screen was set at 1600x900, you wouldn't know you wanted 1280x720. 

Providing downloadable presets either by L6 or the artists (not crowdsourced by us) themselves seems like the easiest thing to do over the life of the device. Most likely both endorsed artists and L6 have a few patches to spare (even if it isn't their absolute best ones) and would provide these free (no new programming! no opening up legacy code!) to satisfy the 'you forgot about us' crowd. For companies I am/have been involved with, I absolutely had to provide demos, written material, patches, etc as part of my artist agreement. I can't believe L6 doesn't require that kind of stuff from its artists. 

• 1 year later...

no offense meant: but why does it bother so many that folks want presets?  I'm an GIT graduate, been playing for 20 some years.  I've owned many many many digital setups, several tube amps, etc. my point: not a novice.  I could program the crap out of my digitechs, xt pro, ada mp1, x3, etc... knew every single nook and cranny of my 2112/2120 but would still look for presets for a few reasons: A) it was inspiring, B) other folks go about it different and while my presets from ground up were great - others' presets sounded totally different and I learned something new each time I found a good one. 

sorry for my rant.  my point: presets for the model packs especially would be nice.  get on it l6.  it's the least you can do for your very loyal customers.(note I reserve the right to call them crap when I get them)