Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Update and Fully loaded pack installed - No issues

Palico

For those waiting to make the jump or looking to see the problems.

I updated last night and purchased the fully loaded bundle. All updates and installs for me went smoothly.  The new amps sound pretty good to my ears. Some outstanding and some well okay but I didn't get a chance to play with them too much yet.  Really looking forward to saving off my set list as a back up and reseting my mind. Time to rebuild from the ground up on how I use my Dream Rig and using the the POD directly for practice recording too. With the new amps it seems like a good time to reexame my patches.

Hi Palico: I am glad it all went smooth for you. I am going to hold off on the new amps for a bit myself. I am pretty new to the

whole line 6 product line and I have tons to learn and keep me busy. I may spring for them eventually. The price is very good when you put it up against the cost of the real amps. Enjoy the new amp models!

My update went well last night also. Updated the USB drivers first, HD500X firmware second, updated HD Edit, and then went to the store and purchased the Vintage Pack. I am on an Intel Mac. I had no issues until I installed the Model Pack and it says "cycle the power on your HD". As soon as I did that my computer crashed. After the restart, the new amps show up in HD EDIT.

Yea I had to cycle the HD like 3 times during various updates and unhook the USB on one of them.  No Crashes but I'm Windows 7. 

The Mac crashed and Windows didn't? There is something different! LOL.

My Windows 7 machine crashed a few times but it has a tendency to do that whenever I unplug a Line 6 USB device (HD500X, GuitarPort).

this may happen if the default asio sound card is the hd500, or some app is using the hd500 as input/output asio sound device...

The technical side of things went fine for me, spent a lot of time with the 5150 today and I reckon they nailed it. However, for some reason it placed 3 orders for the Hd pack and i have been charged twice.. Guess i need to get a refund somehow. Support ticket I guess. Might be worth checking your bank accounts guys.

The last time my windows computer crashed, it was literally smashed by my sledge hammer. No, no, it was not in a fit of rage it was all thought out in advance Lol! One can only waste so much time with a machine before one gives up on it. That was around five years ago. I went Mac and never looked back! On the whole I have had very few problems with any of the macs.

Yea I had to cycle the HD like 3 times during various updates and unhook the USB on one of them. No Crashes but I'm Windows 7.

The Mac crashed and Windows didn't? There is something different! LOL.

• 5 months later...