Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

M13 Question, 4cm & 2 Exp Help

atreyu2112

So... I got a EVH 5150 III 50w. The M13 is looking like the perfect fit (latch scene mode to change channels/effects). I have 3 questions and I know this has probably been explained over and over, but I am new to this unit.

I am looking to run it in 4 cable mode with expression 1 as a volume and expression 2 as a wah in front of the amp. Is this possible?

Is there any way to have the M13 midi control both the channel switching on the amp AND the amps effects loop (the EVH channel switch is a 4 button)? I basically want the effects loop ON at all times.

Last, if I can run it like this, is there any way to add a clean boost in there somewhere? I need to bring up the volume on channel one on the amp a bit without muddying (this amp has a shared gain & volume for channels 1 & 2, but for clean cleans there IS a volume difference between 1 & 2).

Ideally: Guitar - Volume/Wah - amp. Through the loop: noise gate for ch2&3, chorus, phaser, flanger, delay, reverb. Trails ON for delays and reverb (Think Rush Limelight end of solo into last chorus).

I'm currently using a POD XT Live with all of the modeling off, with the midi for channel switching AND using the preset volumes to control the channel volume 1/2 issue ... BUT the wah sounds like lollipop in the loop, along with the rest of the in-front effects.

Some people have used the M13 along with the RJM Amp Gizmo to change channels on their amps. Some other amps with MIDI inputs have a "learn" feature that allow you to set what PC message change channels on the amp. I don't know enough about the 5150 to say for sure.

• 10 months later...

could somebody help me place an MXR Micro Amp, a wah and a volume pedal in a chain where the M13 is hooked with the "four cables method" (4CM). in which position should i have to put the above stand-alone pedals?

could somebody help me place an MXR Micro Amp, a wah and a volume pedal in a chain where the M13 is hooked with the "four cables method" (4CM). in which position should i have to put the above stand-alone pedals?

Guitar > Volume > Wah > M13 > FX Loop out > MXR> Amp In...etc. 

Another variation would be to put the Volume pedal in Between the final M13 out and the Amp FX Loop Return.

• 2 weeks later...

Guitar > Volume > Wah > M13 > FX Loop out > MXR> Amp In...etc. 

Another variation would be to put the Volume pedal in Between the final M13 out and the Amp FX Loop Return.

thanx. what if i wanted to add even a stompbox equalizer (i.e. GE7...)?

thanx. what if i wanted to add even a stompbox equalizer (i.e. GE7...)?

You will have to try various positions with the EQ because where it sits in the signal chain affects what it does.  If you want to color your distortion put it in front of your MXR or preamp whereas if you want a final global EQ put it at the end of your chain between the M13 out and the Amp FX loop return...

Try moving it around to see what you like...