Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Sounds of metal and vintage

arislaf

I only got the MEtal PAck for now, the 5150 slays everything, not much in to the other models, if I could I would have only bought the PV Panama model for cheaper :S Also for me the 5150 with uber cab sounds better with the 409 dynamic than with the 57 

I only got the MEtal PAck for now, the 5150 slays everything, not much in to the other models, if I could I would have only bought the PV Panama model for cheaper :S Also for me the 5150 with uber cab sounds better with the 409 dynamic than with the 57 

I agree with your assessment of the Panama.  IMO it has more punch, feel, and clarity than any other models in the unit that I've compared it to.

I also find that I need to dial down the channel volume significantly to put it at a comparable level to other amps with the same mic and cab configuration - I find this to be true with all of the new models for whatever reason.

The downside for me is that it doesn't seem play nicely with distortion effects in front of it - they seem to make it buzzy sounding.  Guess I need to tweak a bunch more to get t nice creamy lead tone from it.  For crunchy and articulate rhythm it is spot on IMO.

I agree with your assessment of the Panama. IMO it has more punch, feel, and clarity than any other models in the unit that I've compared it to.

I also find that I need to dial down the channel volume significantly to put it at a comparable level to other amps with the same mic and cab configuration - I find this to be true with all of the new models for whatever reason.

The downside for me is that it doesn't seem play nicely with distortion effects in front of it - they seem to make it buzzy sounding. Guess I need to tweak a bunch more to get t nice creamy lead tone from it. For crunchy and articulate rhythm it is spot on IMO.

Try a tube comp after the amp, seemed to smooth it all out for me and get rid of the fizz.

I agree with your assessment of the Panama.  IMO it has more punch, feel, and clarity than any other models in the unit that I've compared it to.

The downside for me is that it doesn't seem play nicely with distortion effects in front of it - they seem to make it buzzy sounding.  Guess I need to tweak a bunch more to get t nice creamy lead tone from it.  For crunchy and articulate rhythm it is spot on IMO.

Yeah the volume i weird, on 40% it's still louder than the ENGL or the others on 70%. I love the 5150 model, but I feel a bit that they put all the work and effort in only that in the metal pack

Guys, give a try at Pete Anderson Custom amp and ... this is very very good. 

I have jammed on this one here 

Please be cool, I am not a great guitar player and not here to advertise myself, just to share with people that haven't the firmware and the package.

The sound looks very good to me, not an expert but I love this new amp.

Screamer, Wah, Amp, Delay and Reverb, a Les Paul Studio with Classic 57 that's all.

• Upvote 4

Guys, give a try at Pete Anderson Custom amp and ... this is very very good. 

I have jammed on this one here 

Please be cool, I am not a great guitar player and not here to advertise myself, just to share with people that haven't the firmware and the package.

The sound looks very good to me, not an expert but I love this new amp.

Screamer, Wah, Amp, Delay and Reverb, a Les Paul Studio with Classic 57 that's all.

Thanks for this. It's nice to see a non metal demo here ;-)

I was wondering what the Pete Anderson Amp was and found this:

https://youtu.be/1SN_0U1Gslo?t=23m35s

So it's a modded Blackface Deluxe ...

That was a great video! Even though he was showcasing the BEANS it was cool hearing how line 6 cloned his actual amps!  Now i just wish i knew how old pete runs his eq's on those amps!

maybe someone here knows ..

im waiting for the HD500 update , and id like to buy the hd model pack, does someone know if the new amps (24 new amps) will replace the old ones or theyll just be added to the collection ?

im asking that because i dont know if theres any memory limitation on the new o old model HD500 or HD500x

maybe someone here knows ..

im waiting for the HD500 update , and id like to buy the hd model pack, does someone know if the new amps (24 new amps) will replace the old ones or theyll just be added to the collection ?

im asking that because i dont know if theres any memory limitation on the new o old model HD500 or HD500x

They're added to the existing models in the pod.

Has any one used the HD Variac plexi for Lincoln Brewsters x3 patches?

I was pondering this same exact question.  It's been hard to justify buying the metal pack for the sole purpose of having this amp model, unless it is a very close match to what was on the X3 for Lincoln's tone.

Any Brewster fans care to comment on if they've tried it out and found it to be a close tonal match?

I was pondering this same exact question.  It's been hard to justify buying the metal pack for the sole purpose of having this amp model, unless it is a very close match to what was on the X3 for Lincoln's tone.

Any Brewster fans care to comment on if they've tried it out and found it to be a close tonal match?

Yeah, I'm wondering too. I've been thinking of getting the model pack because of the inclusion of that amp.

If the variacd plexi holds up head to head with the Park75 I've been using since the first day I got the POD, I'd buy it.

I hope someone post a video demoing the amp. (of course should play Brewster's songs to gauge the sound easier. haha)

i think it was close. i tried just the amp when i bought the pack and tried to dial in a nice tone out of it. i'll try to experiment later when i have time

• 5 weeks later...

That was a great video! Even though he was showcasing the BEANS it was cool hearing how line 6 cloned his actual amps!  Now i just wish i knew how old pete runs his eq's on those amps!

I'm a little late to the party, but from an interiew in Vintage Guitar Pete said, “Only one guy modified that amp, and his name is Jim Williams. He told me that Deluxes had a middle control, but it was a value that Fender shorted-out on the chasis where they didn’t use a knob. It’s like a preset middle control that helps shape the amp. He said, ‘What I do is take this middle control value and put it on 10, because it’s on 3 or 4.’ I asked him to do that, because I think the guitars live in midrange. Once Jim gave me this middle control, I put the treble on 5, the bass on 21/2 or 3, reverb on 21/2, and the volume somewhere between 31/2 and 51/2. After 5 or 6, the Deluxe just flattens out and keeps compressing. That was the sweet spot on the amp."

The whole interview is pretty good and worth a read http://www.vintageguitar.com/2995/pete-anderson/.

Has anyone made a video or recording with a 1 to 1 comparision of the Deluxe and the Pete Anderson Custom model? I'm using the Deluxe Vib as my go to amp and I'm interested in the PAC. The other amps in the vintage model pack don't really interest me so I can't really justify spending $50 on trying an amp to see if it is way better than what I am using at the moment.

21/2, 31/2, 51/2... you may agree with me that some of the controls values reported above here don't make any sense and must be a typo..

most probably he meant to say: bass on 2 or 3, reverb on 2, and volume somewhere between 3 and 5

There is a space between those numbers that does not seem to show up well when I bolded it. 2 1/2 = 2.5. On the amp the knob would be set to the space between the 2 and the 3.

Mids = 10

Treble = 5

Bass = 2.5 to 3

Reverb = 2.5

Volume = 3.5 to 5.5

IIRC in the Rig Rundown video he said the he would tweek the bass a half a number between the studio and the live sound. FWIW

• Upvote 1