Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD & DT - channel B?

Hi,

I have got problem to set up channel B. I would like to have two independent channels A and B, which I can switch between themselves. I can set up only chanel A on the HD, and when I switch to chanel B, what kind of amp is it? When I plug my guitar only to the DT, it sound  well! But when HD is connected, the channel B sound different, badly...

Thanx so much for answer!

theres no reason to do this... channel b is really only standalone amp use....

channel A changes "channels" everytime you choose a new preset with a pod (l6link)

turning the amp off in the pod will switch to channel B on the DT and it will be whatever you have channel B configured to be in the DT.... BUT... you will not hear any post effects you have setup on your pod.

sounds like you thought you could run channel A AND channel B in a dual amp type thing on one DT amp....

yeah... not possible... its a single amp with 2 channels (a pair of different settings for standalone use)

it's not 2 amps. :)

It looks like the LINE 6's intention to force customers to buy second DT amp :D

Thanks so much for answer! :)

Not sure the intention is to force you to purchase a second DT. But if you can swing it.....you won't be disappointed,
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

The main problem with not being able to switch channels is that it forces you to work in the virtual/software world and not working the dials of the amp. This is important when playing live and making changes 'on the fly'. As it stands when switching between 2 presets you can change sounds but then you have to save the change it hard to know exactly where you are with your settings.

As opposed to just working with the dials on the amp and just switching back and forth from A to B you can see on the front of the amp where you are.

I am currently using an external footswitch to change channels and using the pod in the loop. That way you are just using the natural sounds of the amp and  using the pod for effects only...sounds great but you have to tap-dance a bit.

what?!

you can always use the knobs on the front of the amp... even if you change channels...

assuming its a pod HD with line6 link... there's no reason to ever change channels or have it in the loop...

i'm not being mean or demeaning in any way when i say... if that's what you're doing.... you need to learn your setup a bit more.... because you're greatly over complicating things.

The main problem with not being able to switch channels is that it forces you to work in the virtual/software world and not working the dials of the amp. This is important when playing live and making changes 'on the fly'. As it stands when switching between 2 presets you can change sounds but then you have to save the change it hard to know exactly where you are with your settings.

As opposed to just working with the dials on the amp and just switching back and forth from A to B you can see on the front of the amp where you are.

I am currently using an external footswitch to change channels and using the pod in the loop. That way you are just using the natural sounds of the amp and  using the pod for effects only...sounds great but you have to tap-dance a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Uber Guru,

I will look into this a bit more.

On another note, I need some info on assigning FX to footswitches. Can you assign one effect pedal to multiple footswitches. The reason I ask I. Say I have distortion, delay and a chorus in the block.

Can you have the distortion on FS1, the same dist with the delay on FS2 and then all of them on FS 3.

When using HD edit software is appears that you need to have separate distortion in the fx block to do this? Your thoughts.... thanks