Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

SOFTWARE ISSUES FOR POD

shaunlawrence

Hey guys,

I recently got a POD HD500.

I've finally managed to get the edit software to open and change tones about.

My friend got a pod hd500 before me, and I dialled his tone in.
I tried to manually dial the same thing in, but it sounds terrible in comparison.

SO, i took the tone, put it onto my laptop and send it to MY pod, it STILL sounds horrible.

Whats going on???
Is this a software issue???????

its all hardware... the tones being equal... the hardware settings are probably where the difference is.

they're both the same in terms of hardware.

I've noticed i can CAB-EDIT his Tread-Pre Amp, but can't on my one?

When i transfer the patch i made on his pod to my laptop and send it over, it still doesn't do it? other tones with multiple editing options work, just this one doesn't 

sure the hardware is the same... but either you are on different firmware levels or you have different settings...

there are system settings that do not come with the tones.... different output modes.... and different input settings.

sounds like you need to upgrade yours using line6 monkey.

sure the hardware is the same... but either you are on different firmware levels or you have different settings...

there are system settings that do not come with the tones.... different output modes.... and different input settings.

sounds like you need to upgrade yours using line6 monkey.

I have the line 6 monkey, but when i try to open it, it just brings me back to the installer.

i dont understand why that happens. my hunch was it was naff because there was different firmware levels, but if i can't open the monkey, i can't update it :(

take it to your friends place or try a different machine.

this was done at his place, we have identical pod hd500s, except his has some form of firmware mine doesn't. he's able to get better sounds out of a patch than i am through the exact same rig.

how do I fix the problem with the line6 monkey? that seems to be the catalyst in my problem it seems.

not entirely true.... depending on what firmware he has....

some amp models changed early on... (uber is a prime example)

other updates introduced.... deep edit parameters, cab parameters, and input z.... all which can have a dramatic effect on the tone produced.

Make sure your output mode is same as your friends' as that makes a big difference in how the patches sound.  The FW isn't going to change the sound of the patches.