Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line6 speaker in Spider IV75

jftipker

Hi,

What are the specs of the speaker used in the Line6 SpiderIV75, the !2" custom celestion speaker?

SPL ?

I'm thinking of purchasing a Line6 Spider IV 75, I'm a bit worried about to get it loud enough in a gigging band situation with heavy drums..

Would it be helpfull to do a speaker swap, to mount for an example a Celestion Vintage30 in a Spider IV 75?

Are there any experiences with such a speaker swap?

ThanX anyway,

Johan

The Netherlands

The speaker is designed to give the best representation of sounds from the modeling of the amp.  Switching to a speaker designed to give a more 'guitar amp' sound (non-modeling amp) could result in less than ideal tones.  Since the Vintage30 is only rated to 60watts maximum, you also have the possibility that you could damage it when the volume on the map is cranked to full.

If your band is THAT loud when gigging, considering miking the amp, or go with a Spider 120 or 150.

My bands are not THAT loud ;).... A Vintage 30 is a very loud speaker with a spl of 100db! I do not expect to blow a Vintage 30, because its 60 Watts RMS, means it can handle maybe till 100 watts.... Normally a 40 watt tube amp is loud enough for me... So a solid state amp of 75 watts shurely should do the job...

I just want to know the specs of the speaker Line6 uses in the Spider IV 75. It would me give some confidence.. :ph34r:

I'm a low gain player... thinkin' of a Line6 Spider IV 75 with a Fulltone OCD drive pedal...

Because the Spider IV75 is rather small & not expensive ...

• 2 weeks later...

my Spider IV 75w requires a TRS line out. wanted to use over a Crate 4x12. to connect it, I need a single TRS on the amp side to split Right/Left connections on the back of the cabinet. Can't find the cable...

The headphone/DI output (that's what I assume you are trying to use) is not amplified - you can't use it to drive a cabinet, you would need to send that signal to an amp first.

Meanwhile I heard a Spider iv75 in a rather loud band.. and it s really loud enough ;)

Compared to the other guitar amp a Peavey Delta blues tube combo.. the tube amp sounded in venue more direct, transparant and open.. .

yeah, I used a 75 with a band with drummer, two other guitarists (one who also played keys thorugh a 2nd amp), bassist and singer, and it was plenty loud enough for me - I used it for guitars (acoustic and electric) and keys.  Live, we miked all amps to the PA system.

The headphone/DI output (that's what I assume you are trying to use) is not amplified - you can't use it to drive a cabinet, you would need to send that signal to an amp first.

yeah, that is true. I ended up using a trs cable out of the output jack on the back of the spider 75w into a yamaha mixer to a AB International amp then out to Peavey Pa cabinets with Black Widow speakers and a horn...sounds great. 

• 4 months later...

Hi,

What are the specs of the speaker used in the Line6 SpiderIV75, the !2" custom celestion speaker?

SPL ?

Would it be helpfull to do a speaker swap, to mount for an example a Celestion Vintage30 in a Spider IV 75?

The speaker in the Spider IV 75 is a relabeled Celestion g12p-80 "Seventy 80" speaker. Celestion was kind enough to put the part number on the speaker for us, despite the "custom" relabelling done for line 6.

Specs are here: http://celestion.com/product/22/seventy_80/