Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD 500 Master Volume unresponsive

luissolisd

Hi,

I recently encountered an issue with my HD500, the Master Volume Knob came unresponsive lately, regardless of its position it won't affect the volume level of the POD ( POD is connected directly to amp through 1/4" left mono jack). I tried the latest firmware and still the same.

So, I don't know if the problem would be a physical issue or a firmware/software one....Any ideas that would help before sending the unit to a repair shop?

Thanks!

Just a thought. Are you sure it is not your amp? One time I had my cab unplugged from the head and I thought the amp was dead.

Is this with every preset it happens or just one you happen to be using at the moment?

Try different presets and see if it persists. If it just happened out of the blue, I'll bet something got changed some how without you realizing it.

Check amp without the hd using only your guitar chord. If that works hook up all the connections for the pod hd ,guitar, and amp, turn them on and re- check.

Try it with headphones and see if it works.

What type of guitar are you using, if it has two volume knobs for separate pick ups make sure one is not turned right off. I hope you figure it out, good luck.

I know some of this probably sounds obvious but an IT guy one time told me a high percentage of his calls

were just because a cleaner had unplugged something and no one noticed.

Just an afterthought, make sure the volume knob beside the master knob on the hd500 is not turned right down to zero.

i found some tones downloaded from customtone wont sound unless i put the little arrow in the pod display above the amp symbol, once in place the controls react as expected.

for some tones i have to go back and forth to the tuner once or twice to get any volume.

i believe the edit soft doesnt always translate well between the various pod models and firmwares when using customtones.

Just a thought. Are you sure it is not your amp? One time I had my cab unplugged from the head and I thought the amp was dead.

Is this with every preset it happens or just one you happen to be using at the moment?

Try different presets and see if it persists. If it just happened out of the blue, I'll bet something got changed some how without you realizing it.

Check amp without the hd using only your guitar chord. If that works hook up all the connections for the pod hd ,guitar, and amp, turn them on and re- check.

Try it with headphones and see if it works.

What type of guitar are you using, if it has two volume knobs for separate pick ups make sure one is not turned right off. I hope you figure it out, good luck.

I know some of this probably sounds obvious but an IT guy one time told me a high percentage of his calls

were just because a cleaner had unplugged something and no one noticed.

Just an afterthought, make sure the volume knob beside the master knob on the hd500 is not turned right down to zero.

Hey Man,  yes it happens with every patch, and no matter what the master volume won't work, same thing using headphones....in summary I'm able to control volume levels with the volume knob on the amp blocks (the one you suggested on the last line of your post) but not with the master volume knob.

My guitar an amp are working fine, they work perfectly when connected together without the POD...

Cheers

i found some tones downloaded from customtone wont sound unless i put the little arrow in the pod display above the amp symbol, once in place the controls react as expected.

for some tones i have to go back and forth to the tuner once or twice to get any volume.

i believe the edit soft doesnt always translate well between the various pod models and firmwares when using customtones.

The thing is that this happens with every patch...just the volume knob on the amp blocks works

When in doubt, reboot. Try a global reset first. If that doesn't work, save your patches/set lists in HD Edit on your computer, then try a factory reset.

I've been reading about that topic and apparently there is only a factory reset for the HD300 and HD400. I'll try the global reset though

Thanks!