Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Error Transferring one or more patches? WHAT??

djspleen

Just did the update and was greeted by the following error message when starting the Edit software:

---------------------------

POD HD500X Edit
There was an error transferring one or more patches.

If this error keeps occuring, quit POD HD500X Edit, restart the POD HD500X hardware, then run POD HD500X Edit.

(Code 8000000a) Operation timed out.
OK   

So that was pretty cool (not really).  I have the bundle saved from a few months ago so I'll start there, but it's kind of a bummer.

You're not alone. I'm having the same problem after I restored my patches to my POD HD Pro X and relaunch POD HD Edit.

I've reinstalled firmware/drivers, POD HD Edit software, and checked different USB ports and cables.

I didn't get the error after I first flashed the firmware, so I'm going to try it again this week.

I've often had some kind of issue when loading saved patch files (patch, setlist or bundle), especially if they were created on a 500 or 500X and then loaded into the other one (I have a 500 and a 500X). One thing that has helped alot is, as soon as I load a Patch file I save it from the device itself (hit save button twice). That took care of alot of problems.

• 1 month later...

So what's the fix here?  It's going to make regret buying line 6. I bought it as a professional musician with many reservations. I have been able to familiarize myself with the unit and make some nice real world tones.  Now I see this problem and I am very upset.  

I am using a macbook pro OS X Yosemite.  HD500X, HD500X edit.  the error is "there was an error transferring one or more patches.  If this error keeps occuring quit POD HD500X EDIT, restart the pod hd500x hardware, then run pod HD500X edit.  

(Code 8000000A) operation timed out.

Someone please help asap.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Its a real shame for Line 6 and huge disrespecting for their customers! This bug affecting to many people. If issue is in old HD500 patches maybe Line 6 could at least release some HD500->HD500x converting tool. Or better solution: if they could not solve the issue so long, publish the sources on github and community will fix it much quicker than lazy and clumsy Line 6 programmers + linux port as a bonus

@djspleen et al.

Just did the update and was greeted by the following error message when starting the Edit software:

POD HD500X Edit

If this error keeps occuring, quit POD HD500X Edit, restart the POD HD500X hardware, then run POD HD500X Edit.

This happens from time to time. Since your patches are already saved on the HD, it's no big deal. Usually all I have to do is exactly what the error message advises:

- Exit Edit

- Turn the HD off, wait a beat and turn it back on

- Start Edit

Very rarely, the problem persists and it is necessary to reboot the PC (with HD *off*).

It's a minor and infrequent niggle.

If issue is in old HD500 patches maybe Line 6 could at least release some HD500->HD500x converting tool.

Such a tool exists, and works very well. Look at the sticky at the top of this forum:

http://line6.com/support/topic/2164-pod-hd-tone-conversion-utility/

This happens from time to time. Since your patches are already saved on the HD, it's no big deal. Usually all I have to do is exactly what the error message advises:

- Exit Edit

- Turn the HD off, wait a beat and turn it back on

- Start Edit

Very rarely, the problem persists and it is necessary to reboot the PC (with HD *off*).

It's a minor and infrequent niggle.

Not works for me (clean OS X El Capitan, nothing special in environment). 

Issue reproduces quite often, so it rather major. Recently I reconnect and on/off POD about 10 times in different variations (including advices from this forum) until it finally start working.

I'll give a try to converting tool, hope it will be helpful

Hi andrey

Not works for me (clean OS X El Capitan, nothing special in environment). 

Issue reproduces quite often, so it rather major. Recently I reconnect and on/off POD about 10 times in different variations (including advices from this forum) until it finally start working.

I'll give a try to converting tool, hope it will be helpful

To be sure it's not a basic hardware issue, it's also necessary to replace your USB cable with a new one. If this doesn't help, connect to a different port on the Mac. I had an outbreak of this problem about a year ago and it turned out to be a failing USB cable. That said, it does still happen occasionally, so there are probably several triggers.

I don't think it is a cable problem since I use POD as audio interface without any issues. 

I can't really go any further as I am PC-based, not Mac. I assume that your L6 Mac driver is up to date? Perhaps other forum members can take this forward?

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Glad I'm not on my own with this one then. 3 computers and 5 USB cables later I get the Problem. Is anyone else also experiencing the HD disconnecting from usb and restarting. I spoke to L6 Germany and they didn't have a clue spoke to the Repair team in Manchester UK and what I got was of the problem is your units knackered needs a new board and you've more chance of buying a new unit then you have board and the costs over £200 for the repair. Come on line 6 get your act together we've paid good money for these machines yes Helix is newer and better but some of us can't afford to upgrade.. sort the gremlins out

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys,

I have the same issue. Even after a factory reset, and after checking my usb câble.

once time I try to upload MeAmBobo patches for my Pod HD Desktop, the bug occur :

- During the launch of HD Edit I get the time out error ...

- If I remove the patches to go back to factory patches, the bug disappear and HD Edit launch correctly.

- If I had just one new preset, the bug come back during the launch.

Can anyone help me ? Is there a workaround ?

Regards,

Warfare

More than likely its a USB setting on your PC. The HD does not do well with hubs so use a port on there rear of the machine. IIRC in Windoze there is a way to go into the Device Manager and adjust the USB port settings.

Hi BillBee,

Sadly, it's not an usb issue because :

- I tried with several usb cables, including short lenght without any result.

- I also tried each usb port of my computer (6 on the rear and 2 on the front panel) without any result.

- The PC in fresh installed with Win 10 with up to date drivers and audio recording with the POD HD and Pro Tool 12 work perfectly with very low latency.

- The bug occur only when I load specific presets (for example : http://foobazaar.com/podhd/toneGuide/TOTAL_MEAMBOBBO.zip) and disappear when I remove those presets.

Any help ? Could someone try to reproduce the error ?

Regards,

Warfare

Hi BillBee,

Sadly, it's not an usb issue because :

- I tried with several usb cables, including short lenght without any result.

- I also tried each usb port of my computer (6 on the rear and 2 on the front panel) without any result.

- The PC in fresh installed with Win 10 with up to date drivers and audio recording with the POD HD and Pro Tool 12 work perfectly with very low latency.

- The bug occur only when I load specific presets (for example : http://foobazaar.com/podhd/toneGuide/TOTAL_MEAMBOBBO.zip) and disappear when I remove those presets.

Any help ? Could someone try to reproduce the error ?

Regards,

Warfare

Not having Win10 so this is a shot here: Go to the Device Manager/USB Controllers/USB Root Hubs/Properties -> Disable Windoze from being able to "Turn Off Hub". It does this to save power.

It may be a HD Edit/Win10 thing or a USB 3 vs 2 issue but its worth a try.

Hi BillBee,

I tried today to disable the power management in the device manager, but it doesn't work.

In addition to that the bug occur randomly with other patch than MeAmBobo even with factory presets ... it was just a matter of time :/

A this step it clearly seems to be a HD Edit issue.

If I click on 'Receive all' then HD Edit is ok and I can play guitar with my presets, but at the next launch the error message will be back, so again need to click on 'receive all'.

Hope Line 6 will help ^^

If I click on 'Receive all' then HD Edit is ok and I can play guitar with my presets, but at the next launch the error message will be back, so again need to click on 'receive all'.

Exact the same behavior here. Don't hold you breath depending on Line6 to publish any bug fixes.

They are still producing and selling, but unfortunately I am sure, they don't invest anymore time in the HD.

Hello Smashcraaft,

Line6Tony replied me today and told me to open a ticket in order to get appropriate support.

May I suggest you to also open a ticket from your side to help this issue to be solved.

Hope this issue will find a solution ...

PS : Here attached the setlist I'm using today in order to clarify the fact my presets are not corrupted (Pod HD Desktop). All other setlist are empty.

MAB_Final.zip

• 5 months later...

This thread began 2 1/2 years ago, and was then revisited a couple of times with long dormant periods in between...whatever the gripe, it's going nowhere.

The POD is old. Accept it. It ain't getting any more facelifts...

Yep. Better put "Helix" in the title too. Its the circle of life with MFX.

• 3 months later...

I had this problem as well and couldn't figure it out until I tried closing Cubase, which I had running in the background the whole time while trying to get the Pod Edit to work. After closing Cubase everything works perfectly! I don't know why, perhaps the USB cable can only send to one program at a time or something. Anyways, I didn't see this mentioned in the thread so I thought it might help someone.

Has there been any resolution to this issue? I'm not able to update the flash memory, connect to the HD Edit software, transfer patches...etc. It's quite frustrating and I'm considering returning the device. I have tried everything from reinstalling the Line 6 software, resetting the HD500X, changing USB cables, plugging in direct, using a hub, doing a rain dance and sacrificing a small goat!

MacBook Air 2.2GHz Core i7

8GB RAM

High Sierra 10.13.3

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
On 4/6/2015 at 10:02 AM, djspleen said:

POD HD500X Edit

(Code 8000000a) Operation timed out.
OK   

So that was pretty cool (not really).  I have the bundle saved from a few months ago so I'll start there, but it's kind of a bummer.

Found a solution. Connect it to your USB 2.0 port. When you connect to USB 3.0 or higher it gives this error. Hope this helps.